Razer Moray

Razer Moray

Review of "Razer Moray"

published 22/09/2011 | jamesmangels
Member since : 18/09/2011
Pro Sound is good, very comfortable, durable, they look good
Cons A slight buzz in the background, a little expensive
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"Can't believe my ears"

I was looking for a pair of in-ear headphones that weren't very uncomfortable and provided a little better sound quality than the normal cheap ones. That's when I came across these and found that in-ear headphones CAN be comfortable. The brand, Razer, is one that I have purchased from before and I know they produce quality goods. So, I took a chance and spent a little more than I would have normally done. The moment they arrived at my house I knew I would like them. They come with a small travel case that you can keep them in when you are not using them. This case is able to hold not only the headphones but the peripherals that come with the headphones. It comes with three sizes of ear-buds that you can choose according to what is most comfortable for you. It also comes with an adapter that allows you to plug into an airplane sound system.

But, I didn't pay extra for a case and some ear-buds, no sir, the headphones are what's important here. I was instantly happy when I found the headphones were long enough to reach from my front pocket with plenty of slack to comfortably move around. I'm about 6'2 so this isn't always the case. I also like the look of them. They aren't flashy and bright, but subtle, I think they look good for both business and pleasure. They are also tough. They have lasted me through all kinds of travels and never given me a hitch.

The most important part of these headphones, for me that is, is that they are comfortable. Very comfortable, in fact. I have been 10hr flights with these in maybe 80% of the time without being the least bit sore at the end of my flight. They are comfortable enough that I have used them just as earplugs so that I can sleep when it is noisy.

They are noise dampening, which helps cutback on the outside noise that might intrude upon the tunes you are listening to. The sound quality is great. It provides deep, rich sounds that I thought belonged to the bigger, more expensive headphones.

However, they do have one flaw. The sound quality is fantastic, the best I have ever had, but they have a little buzz to them. I have never been able to notice it when a song is playing but when the song stops or is quiet, you can hear a slight buzz in the background. This is not a big deal for me, but this means the sound is not perfect. So for those of you looking for perfection, these are not them.

I recommend these to anyone who would like to get a nice pair of in-ear headphones and that provide great sound. When this pair breaks for good, I will be looking for a brand new set, their that good.

Product Information : Razer Moray

The Razer Moray+ mobile gaming communicator is designed for gamers who prefer to travel light and without bulky headsets. While retaining a sleek, lightweight architecture, the Razer Moray+ comes packed with a passive noise isolating in-ear earphone along with an omnidirectional inline microphone. Its powerful bass-driven stereo sound and mid/high range clarity along with 3 adapters for the PC/laptop, Nintendo DS Lite/DSi and the Apple iPhone, makes it your all-in-one companion for top-notch audio and voice communication on the road. Be it synchronized ambushes or coordinated assaults, take your game to a new level of gameplay with the Razer Moray+.

EAN: 8886419312192, 8886419312222

Connectivity Technology: Wired

Colour: White, Black

Recommended Use: PC multimedia, mobile phone

Product Description: Razer Moray + - headset

Audio Specifications: Frequency Response 20 - 11000 Hz - Sensitivity 110 dB - Impedance 17 Ohm

Headphones Form Factor: In-ear

Headphones Type: Headset - binaural

Miscellaneous

Cables Included: Headphones cable - integrated - 1.3 m

Included Accessories: Carrying case, game console sound adapter, earpads, headphones earpads

Microphone

Weight: 13 g

Product Type: Headset

MPN: RZ04-00090400-R3G1, RZ04-00090300-R3G1

Connections

Connector Type: Headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )

Listed on Ciao since: 04/08/2009