Rebirth of Kirk Franklin (Live Recording) - Kirk Franklin
1 CD(s) - Contemporary Gospel - Label: Jive - Distributor: Sony Music/Arvato Services - Released: 06/04/2002 - 638592235922
1 reviews from the community
Review of "Rebirth of Kirk Franklin (Live Recording) - Kirk Franklin"
This is a very good CD from a very accomplished gospel artist in Kirk Franklin. There are some very good praise and worship ballads on this cd, which are sung from the heart, which makes it all the more special! I saw Kirk Franklin when he came to the Royal Albert Hall, London in 2002. It was a wonderful concert experience!I will review each of the tracks on this cd.
1) Intro - This takes the form of a prayer from Kirk Franklin's grandmother praying that Kirk would be a mighty man of God, and Kirk completing the prayer in a scene years later. Quite an interesting introduction.2) Hosanna - The introduction starts off with Kirk talking and preparing folks for the song ahead, then launches into a praise song done by female voices initially, with the male voices coming in later. The voice mixture is wonderful particularly when they enter into a short time of accapella. Kirk Franklin likes to say the words, and the singers sing them. A very good gospel track! Rating 8/10.
3) Caught Up - This song looks ahead to the seeing of the Lord in eternity, and also when He comes back to this earth! Shirley Caesar does phenomenal vocals on this track. She has a very strong vocal. The song takes the form of a balad, with the choir taking its place in the vocals between Shirley Caesar and Kirk Franklin speaking his words to help gee the song along. A very powerful track! Rating 8/10.4) 911 - This is not so much a song, rather a conversation between TD Jakes and Kirk Franklin talking about going through hard times with background music and singers singing. This ministers to folks struggling in life! Encouraging. Rating 6/10.
5) The Blood Song - A lovely ballad about the Blood of Jesus, and Christ's work on Calvary. It is quite an emotional song. The vocals include Donnie McClurkin, Crystal Lewis and Jaci Velasquez. The vocal performances are excellent. Rating 9/10.6) Brighter Day - Bippy boppy type song. Talking about the love a believer has for Jesus in His Eternal security. Very good track. Rating 6/10.
7) My Life, My Love, My All - This song is about the worship of God and the believer surrendering their will to God. A very good song to worship God, and realise that all of God's work is by His Grace. The work of God is encapsulated in this song. Rating 10/10.8) Lookin' Out For Me - This song shows that the writer has had some trials that were overcome. Again a very powerful gospel song! Rating 9/10.
9) He reigns - A song to encourage folks in their struggles. Starts with a mic controller style performance, then the song launches into "Awesome God". It is a very powerful version of this song with some added material which adds to the overall effectiveness of the song. Rating 10/10.10) Interlude - Sounds like a scene from the crucifixion. Rating 7/10.
11) Don't cry - A lovely piano sequence to start with. This song is about the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The song encourages the believer to keep their eyes focussed on the Lord, and not to faint (in other words). An excellent worship ballad! Rating 10/10.12) The Transition - A prayer by young people for Americans, but could be applied to anyone. Rating 10/10.
13) Always - This is a song that expresses devotion to Jesus, and looks ahead in eternity. A song from the heart!14) When I Get There - Not one of my favourite musical tracks on this cd, but that is a matter of musical taste. The lyrics are excellent, describing what it will be like when we get to heaven. In that sense, it is a glorious song! Rating 7/10.
15) Interlude - An interview with Kirk Franklin. A good statement.16) Outro (The Blood) - A repeat of the song reviewed earlier. This time it is sung by Yolanda Adams and Alvin Slaughter. This song is followed by an old gospel song regarding the highest mountain. After that, there is an exhortation to remember the grace and mercy of God. They burst into a rendition of the classic song,"Nothing but the blood of Jesus". Excellent stuff!
17) Throw Yo Hands Up - Different. An exhortation to throw your hands up presumably to worship God. The style of music is not my particular cup of tea. Rating 6/10.
Product Information : Rebirth of Kirk Franklin (Live Recording) - Kirk Franklin
Manufacturer's product description1 CD(s) - Contemporary Gospel - Label: Jive - Distributor: Sony Music/Arvato Services - Released: 06/04/2002 - 638592235922
Listed on Ciao since: 18/07/2011