The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
This the first review I have done on food. I love food that really get the taste buds going. Ithink this recipe certainly does that. It is a moist cake with banana and sultanas, with a srizzling of zingy lime icing on the top. I hope this recipe will go on to inspire others to taste this great cake, if you have not done so already.
2 tsp melted butter, for greasing 300g/10 1/2 oz plain flour 1 tsp salt 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 175g/6 oz of muscovado sugar 1 tsp lime rind 1 egg, beaten 1 banana, mashed up with 1 tbsp of lime juice 150 ml/5 fl oz low fat fromage frais 115g/4 oz sultanas
Topping ======= 115g/4 oz icing sugar 1-2 tsp lime juice 1/2 tsp lime rind finely grated
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celius/350 degrees farenheit/ gas mark 4. Grease and then line a 18cm/7in cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in sugar and lime rind.
3. Make a hole in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg, banana, fromage frais and sultanas. Thoroughly mix together.
4. Put into a tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 40-45 mins until firm to the touch or until poke a scewer in the centre until it comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins, then turn it out onto a cooling rack.
5. Start making the topping. To do this sift the icing sugar into a small bowl and mix with the lime juice, to form soft but not to runny icing. Stir in some grated lime rind, then drizzle over the top of the cake allowing it ooze down the sides as well.
6. Decorate with banana chips and lime rind, then leave till the icing sets.
Voila!!! Easy as that.
This cake can be varied by using orange instead of lime and by using apricots instead of sultanas. You could probably vary it even motre depending on your taste bus. But I will stick to banana & lime, because orange and apricot doesn't appeal to me.
Nutritional Information ==================
I feel this should be included as we as a nation are becoming very self concious of what we eat. Although I eat what I like, when I like.
Sounds like something even I could make! Though the thought of banana and lime together isnt immediately appealing the thought is growing on my... and now Im hungry! The first sign of a good recipe review! - Danielle x
Morning_Becomes_Electra 23.04.2006 14:49
Yummy indeed :0) I need to taste it! Well i've got your recipe..So Just the ingrediants needed. Shops! Electra x