125g unsalted butter 250g icing sugar 2 tsp of milk 1 tsp of vanilla extract
If you want , you can get creative and make it a different colour! To do so just add a couple of drops of food colouring !
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4. Grease a 12 hole non stick muffin tray
2. Put the sugar and the butter in a bowl and beat it together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, then the vanilla and beat until fluffy. Sift the flour into the bowl and again mix together until the mixture is creamy. While doing so add the milk then stir until creamy.
3. Next, divide your mixture between the 12 muffin holes, then bake for 20 minutes. Then take them out , to check that they are completely cooked, take a tooth pick and poke it into the cupcake and if it comes out wet then they are not done - so then place them back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
4. Once done, take them out of the oven and leave them on a cooling rack for 30 minutes
5. While waiting for them to cool make the icing
TO MAKE THE ICING
1. put the unsalted butter and icing sugar into a bowl and beat until fluffy , then add the milk and vanilla extract - if you want to add food colouring just add a couple of drops to the mixture and beat until all the ingredients are mixed together.
2. Then spread the icing over the cupcakes evenly
3. Now , for the finishing touches, sprinkle some grated chocolate over the cupcakes and TADA!
Status: New - HardCover. Pub Date :2013-04-08 Pages: 176 Language: English Publisher: ... more
Mitchell Beazley Master Patissier Eric Lanlard shares more than 100 of his favourite recipes that use the ingredient he loves the most - chocolate. As a young patisserie chef. Eric was taught how to make chocolate and he went on to train as an apprentice chocolatier. He has since been fascinated with this ingredient. making it his mission to master the techniques of moulding. blending. shaping and baking with chocolate.Now you can share Erics passion as he reveals his tried-and-tested techniques with this new selection of chocolate-based recipes. from quick bakes. cakes and simple sauces to show-stopping party pieces and after-dinner treats. all with easy-to-follow methods and helpful tips. With foolproof recipes and gorgeous photography by Kate Whitaker. this is a must-have cookbook for chocolate-lovers...