Recipes for Desserts
221 reviews from the community
Review of "Recipes for Desserts"
Lots of reviews over on my blog - Beginnersbeauty.com
I for one am a hugeeeee cupcake lover! I love the look, taste and smell of them! You can be so creative with them! But for now I will tell you how to make a simple, vanilla cupcake!
For the Cake :250g unsalted butter
250g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
185g self raising flower
60g plain flower
185 ml Milk
125g unsalted butter
For the icing :
250g icing sugar
2 tsp of milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
If you want , you can get creative and make it a different colour! To do so just add a couple of drops of food colouring !
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4. Grease a 12 hole non stick muffin tray2. Put the sugar and the butter in a bowl and beat it together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, then the vanilla and beat until fluffy. Sift the flour into the bowl and again mix together until the mixture is creamy. While doing so add the milk then stir until creamy.
3. Next, divide your mixture between the 12 muffin holes, then bake for 20 minutes. Then take them out , to check that they are completely cooked, take a tooth pick and poke it into the cupcake and if it comes out wet then they are not done - so then place them back into the oven for another 5 minutes.4. Once done, take them out of the oven and leave them on a cooling rack for 30 minutes
5. While waiting for them to cool make the icing
TO MAKE THE ICING
1. put the unsalted butter and icing sugar into a bowl and beat until fluffy , then add the milk and vanilla extract - if you want to add food colouring just add a couple of drops to the mixture and beat until all the ingredients are mixed together.2. Then spread the icing over the cupcakes evenly
3. Now , for the finishing touches, sprinkle some grated chocolate over the cupcakes and TADA!
Hope you enjoy your cupcakes! I know I will !!
also one dooyoo under the same name x
Product Information : Recipes for Desserts
Manufacturer's product description
Listed on Ciao since: 18/11/2001