Recipes for Home Made Curries
17 reviews from the community
Review of "Recipes for Home Made Curries"
Vegetable Samosas.This is also a fav of mine. They're brilliant for buffets and you can also freeze them and have them with a curry. It's my own recipe and it's alot better than the ones you get at a curry house or in the shops.
Ingredients:1lb + 8oz potatoes, cut into cubes (boil them until al-dente)
1 onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 tbsp tomato puree
3 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground fenugreek
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
4 pods of green cardamon (ground up with a mortar & pestle)
2 tsp gound coriander
2 big hand fulls of frozen peas
3-4 fluid oz's natural yoghurt
1 packet of filo pastry
melted margarine or butter
1. Pre-heat the oven onto Gas-mark 5, 190 degrees celcius or 375 degrees F.
3. Add the spices stir, then add the tomato puree, the frozen peas, potatoes and the natural yoghurt. Season to taste.4. Cut the filo pastry into strips, the width depends on how big you want the triangles.
5. Put one strip down, put some of the mixture onto the bottom of the strip and then form a triangle, so that the mixture is covered. fold it again and again until there is only a little bit of pastry showing at the top. put some marg/butter on the top and seal it off. put another strip down and put some marg/butter all over it and place the triangle on top of it and fold it up again. Repeat until you have run out off filling.6. Put them into the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
7. serve with raita and a salad, enjoy.IMPORTANT: Remember to cover your filo pastry with a damp cloth or it will go hard and you won't be able to use it.
Kashmira lambServes 4
Ingredients:100g/ 4oz Tikka paste
125ml/ 1/4pt Natural yoghurt
400g/ 1lb Shoulder loin or leg of lamb
62ml/ 1/8pt Ghee or oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
4 Cardamom pods
4 Cinnamon sticks
100g/ 4oz Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, crushed
12g/ 1/2oz Fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Ground chilli
salt to taste
Fresh coriander and roasted almonds
1. Mix together tikka paste and yoghurt in a suitable dish.
3. Heat the ghee or oil in a suitable frying pan.4. Add the cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon; fry for 1 min.
5. Add onion, galic and ginger. Fry for 5 mins or until golden brown.6. Add the lamb; fry together for 10-15 mins. Add little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
7. Add salt and chilli. Cover and simmer for a further 15 mins or until the lamb is tender.8. Serve garnish with coriander leaves and roasted almonds. Enjoy :)
Product Information : Recipes for Home Made Curries
Manufacturer's product description
Listed on Ciao since: 26/10/2006