Recipes for Home Made Curries
17 reviews from the community
Review of "Recipes for Home Made Curries"
Recently cooked this for my wife and I and it was surprisingly simple.
A delicious beef curry, not with too many frills but just right.
It will easily serve 2 and takes about 45 minutes, which includes the prep time as well!
200g stewing beef.
1 red pepper.
1 Tablespoon of curry powder.
1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree.
1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
1 clove of garlic
1. Chop the beef into cubes, about 1 or 2cm square and brown them off in a pan for about 5 minutes
2. Add the chopped onion and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. (Garlic can also go in here but as we are both not a fan we missed this out).
3. Add in the tablespoon of Curry powder and stir in.
4. Add in the tin of toms and the Tomato puree.
5. Simmer gently for a further 20 to 25 minutes.
6. If it begins to thicken up a bit too much add in some boiled water. (Some people put in coconut milk but we like it more curryish (is that even a word?))
7. After 45 Minutes serve piping hot.
Serve with either popadoms or some boiled rice. (Which you can be doing whilst the curry simmers)Optional, Mango Chutney on the side.
A healthy meal which is low in everything.Sorry do not know salt, fat sugar etc content but it will be low.
You can leave the onion and pepper in big pieces if that’s to your taste.
Product Information : Recipes for Home Made Curries
Manufacturer's product description
Listed on Ciao since: 26/10/2006