Review of "Recipes for Main Courses"

published 01/09/2006 | IanM73
Member since : 03/08/2005
Pro two great tasing dishes
Cons none

"Peppers galore (2 recipes)"

I have two recipies I am sharing with you that I have had recently that have been very easy to make and great for the tastebuds. It does not cost that much and both recipies can be done in smaller or larger scales depending on how many people there are.

Stuffed Peppers

I have never listed a recipe before and I hope this goes down well, I had this myself about a week ago as a quick meal.
This is a delicious main course that is a recipe of my Mums that I have added a bit to.
This is very quick and easy to make with low cost, you can get all of the ingredients at the local Supermarket for under £5.

You will need :

Four red, green, or yellow peppers
Vegetable oil
6oz rice (I prefer brown with this)
two Pepperoni snacks or some chopped salami
3-4 oz cheddar cheese
Small bag of cashew nuts
two tomatoes
Small onion
Soy sauce

1.Core and deseed the peppers, boil the rice for about 25 minutes or until it is soft.
2.chop up the small pepperonis or the salami, grate the onion and cheese, chop the tomatoes.
3.When the rice is ready mix in a bowl with the salami, onion, chopped tomato and cashew nuts.
4.Put the mixture into the peppers evenly, add a splash of vegetable or sunflower oil around the peppers, put in the oven for about 15 minutes on a baking tray on about 150.
5.Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the peppers, a splash of soy sauce and leave for a further 5 minutes.
6.The peppers should be ready to take out and enjoy !

There is not that much of a smell from this dish when it is cooked, but the proof is in the tasting.

All in all I have found this recipe very easy to make and it tastes delicious.
If you want to make this dish on a smaller or lager scale I would recommend a whole pepper a person.
You can chop and change the ingredients if you wish, but do try it this way first !

Chopped peppers with prawns

This other recipe is more of a Chinese dish.
I just threw these ingredients together and after adding a few last minute touches to it this is another mouth watering main course.

You will need :

Three red, green or yellow peppers
Two tomatoes
Around 12oz of peeled prawns
Soy sauce
Sunflower/vegetable oil
Spring onions
2 small bags of boil in the bag rice

1.heat the oil in the wok and add the prawns for around 7 minutes
2.chop up the deseeded peppers, tomatoes, and spring onions
3. Boil the rice for around 10 minutes or until soft.
4.add the tomatoes and a few splashes of soy sauce for flavouring and stir in the ingredients for around 10 minutes.
5.add the peppers last to make sure they are crispy. Stir in the peppers for about 5 minutes.
6. Add a dash of salt and pepper to the mixture, and serve up with bolied rice.

This has a tomato smell, not overpowering, also a slight smell of spring onions to the mix.

This is another dish that is cheap and easy to make with very little cooking time. All ingredients are easy to get at the local supermarket.

Hope these have been of some help and enjoy !

• MAFARRIMOND published 02/10/2007
    Mmm sounds very tasty. Maureen x x
  • Odysseus4 published 27/04/2007
    I am always on the lookout for new ideas so I think i will give these a go. They both too sound tasty enough to leave out the fish/meat for my vegetarian friends too!. I do a risotto which has some ingredients similar to your second dish so will try and get round to posting it for you to try!
  • BIG_NANNA published 02/01/2007
    They both sound really tasty. . Would love you to share a few more of them with us.

Product Information : Recipes for Main Courses