Redhillappliances.co.uk

published 31/12/2008 | JTReview
Member since : 30/12/2008
Pro None
Cons Very poor delivery service

"Redhill Appalling Delivery Service"

• The delivery service fell well short of my expectations. The delivery man had the freezer at my front door on his trolley and offered to wheel it into my garage; he was not at all keen to lift it into the kitchen. Unfortunately I have a rather novel use for my garage; I keep my car in it. The freezer, though tall, 1.8m is a standard 60x60cm. With a fair degree of reluctance he did eventual agree to help me lift it into the kitchen - through the front door and along a straight 20-foot hallway into the kitchen. Being in my mid- 60s, if this had been anything heavier, e.g. a washing machine; I would have been left with it outside on the doorstep!
  • I noticed the delivery van wasn't tall enough to accommodate the freezer in an upright position - the driver confirmed it had been transported horizontally. As an afterthought he said "leave it standing for a few hours". Not happy with this I phoned Liebherr technical support - they were appalled to learn that it had been transported in a horizontal position and said it could lead to permanent damage to the workings of the refrigeration unit. They advised leaving it upright for at least 24 hours before switching on; a few hours would not be sufficient.

The following day I phoned Redhill and was told the delivery charge of £1 covers doorstep delivery only; - warning READ the SMALL PRINT. When I mentioned the horizontal delivery I got a most off-hand reply, he said they only had a couple of vans that could transport tall freezers vertically so "hard luck". With this attitude to supplying equipment I would NEVER recommend them.

This review was read 19791 times and was rated at

• magicman01 published 02/07/2010
    Having recently made a purchase from this company, i found the delivery details plastered all over the website clearly stating a one man doorstep delivery. If this reviewer had checked the delivery terms he would not have been dissapointed.
  • Expired-Account published 31/12/2008