Redirecting Your Mail

Redirecting Your Mail

Review of "Redirecting Your Mail"

published 05/03/2007 | 1st2thebar
Member since : 11/05/2005
"There should be no general election until 2020." - Theresa May
Pro They usually do deliver
Cons sometimes they don't deliver

"Special Delivery??....Not exactly."

I'm like many of us who depend on Royal Mail delivery service and have since my teenage years. I always believed they were a fair company and with Royal in the title; believed it was the case.

My bad experience of using RM Special delivery service started on 8th September 2006. A simple task was asked of RM to deliver a Special Delivery item from Oxford to Glasgow, next day delivery, before 1pm. I paid for 500.00 GBP insurance. The item was a 3G mobile phone with accessories, all in all it was worth just under 400.00 GBP.

Yep.... The item was not delivered; nor ever was. Cutting a long story short. I checked the RM website for track and tracing and found that the item was delivered. I asked my contact whether he had received the item up in Glasgow. No was his answer. The web site was publishing wrong information.....on purpose to cover up a big mistake. What happened was that RM did deliver the item to Glasgow but did not leave a card. The reason why RM had not left a card was that the delivery man could not be bothered to leave 2 cards, so he did left none. Special Delivery eh!!!

The item was sent back to Glasgow sorting office, on 9th September 2006, then sent back to Oxford on 11th September 2006 and on 13th September it went to Belfast of all places...(weird) The 10th September was a Sunday!!! Leaving no time for the recipient to collect, even if he knew it was in the Glasgow sorting office. It is mandatory to leave the item in the sorting office for minimum of (7) days.

I contacted PostWatch by letter and asked for a full investigation, which happened. I received 17.70 GBP in compensation, less than if I sent the item by 1st Class that would of been 32.00 GBP. PostWatch were understanding but totally useless. PostWatch claim they do not have the governing powers to enforce compensation, for my time loss and 500.00 GBP insurance. I was left feeling what is the point of PostWatch? Whats the point in having a postal governing body with no enforcement powers? RM claimed that the address was wrong and so could not deliver, so no compensation will be offered, because RM have done NOTHING wrong.......

On 24th December 2006, the item was eventually sent back to me. The address was correct and confirmed correct 3 times by my contact in Glasgow. Now knowing the full facts of this Special Delivery!! item, with proof of an online cover up, mandatory postal laws broken. I'm going ahead with my claim through the courts, for the full compensation fee, due to this big postal blunder.

Their Chairman will have a surprise this week through the post, (if they send it of course)

Something for him to think about over his cornfakes:)

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 02/01/2017
    What a shambles!
  • danielclark691 published 18/11/2016
    Completely off-topic but I like it!
  • bettyboo47 published 17/05/2016
    It's hardly surprising that they are now on their last legs!!

Product Information : Redirecting Your Mail