Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask

Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask

Review of "Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask"

published 14/09/2017 | Mickie26
Member since : 11/01/2003
I have decided to come back and start writing again.
Pro Intensely conditions, gets knots out, goes onto the hair well
Cons Expensive and discontinued
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Farewell Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask"

The review I am about to write is about a product that has now been discontinued. However, it is still possible to buy this if you don't mind paying the extortionate prices for a product that has been discontinued. It is sad that this product has been discontinued as I used to love using it and I will still write a review about it. Every so often, I am lucky enough to find a stockist that still sells it, but if you do look around and find this product, make sure you buy it quickly or it will get sold out. It is an extremely popular product and I don't know why they decided to discontinue it.

My hair was a complete mess until a few years ago when I finally decided to go back to my natural colour. I was pink before and it made my hair go really dry because I had to dye it on a fortnightly basis to retain the colour without it fading. Redken Real Control Intense Renewal is a complete ultra-rich deep conditioner that intensely conditions and moisturizes your hair to leave it much more manageable. My hair now feels a lot healthier and it has a shine about it. Therefore, it really helps to bring back the condition of your hair and make it look renewed. A total contrast to how my hair did look when I was dyeing it every fortnight!

Not only does Redken Real Control Intense Renewal improve the condition of your hair, it also acts to detangle the hair so it is easier to brush. Furthermore, breakage is lessened, so the hair looks strengthened. Redken Real Control Intense Renewal makes the hair look healthier and brings it back to life. I am very happy with this mask and am sorry it has been discontinued.

You could use Redken Real Control Intense Renewal on a frequent basis, or weekly as a more intense therapy. Once you have shampooed your hair, you apply the conditioner and comb it through the hair leaving it for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how deep a condition you want. Afterwards, rinse your hair thoroughly making sure it is all removed.

Before using Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask, I did have split ends and when I went to the hairdressers, she could not believe how bad my hair was. She recommended this treatment to me and I thought I'd give it a go. I have thick, full bodied hair that can go frizzy. However, I've found that this product has taken away the frizz. The great thing with this product is it doesn't make the hair too oily, but makes it extremely soft and healthy.

My hair was so difficult to tame and make presentable before, but with this product it is much more easy to style and look great. My ends are nourished now and don't look split. I have tried other hair masks in the past, but this one beats them all. I am so sorry that this has been discontinued.

I was so happy with the way it made my hair look and feel that I would recommend this to anyone, if you can find it in a stockist before it sells out. Otherwise, you would have to spend £80 - £115 on this product at places like EBay and Amazon, which is just not worth it, sadly.

Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask makes my hair less heavy and does not affect the colour of my hair in any way. You can also put your hair in a towel wrap and leave the conditioner on for 20 minutes, I've even left it on overnight before and it works effectively. It completely restored my hair to the former condition. When I traveled to hot countries I invested in this hair mask as it helped following exposure to the sun. I also cut my trips to the hairdresser as I wasn't getting the same amount of split ends and it was good for when I wanted to straighten my hair, as it protected it against the heat.

I absolutely adore Redken products and I loved this mask. I don't struggle with trying to get all the knots out of my hair with this mask either. I've used it on my daughter's hair and it has made it much softer. Even though it is expensive, a little goes a long way so you don't have to use much each time you wash your hair. Although the mask is quite thick in consistency, it goes onto the hair well. The mask absorbs well into the hair and rinses out well. You can even mix this mask with coconut oil. The tub that it comes in looks expensive and is a nice purple colour.

The smell of Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask is also lovely. The scent is nice and light and not over powering. Value for money is not good anymore because of it being discontinued. It is for most hair types; from thin hair to thick hair. I bought this as it was a recommendation from my hairdresser. Sadly, they have discontinued it and I don't know why because it still is, an extremely popular product. As soon as any stockists start selling it, it sells out. You would be extremely lucky to get this product for under £80.

• euphie published 29/09/2017
    vh :o)
  • justarube published 18/09/2017
    Nice review
  • mumsymary published 17/09/2017
    great review

Product Information : Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask

Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask: Ultra-rich, deep conditioning mask intensely moisturizes while helpingcontrol and repair extremely dense, dry hair. Instantly detangles and improves combability so hair resists breakage Provides intense discipline, smoothing control and internal strength Hair texture is transformed with increased manageability and shine.Key Ingredients: Cationic Conditioners - Moisture Nourishment Protein / Ceramide - Internal Strength Repair Shea Butter - Smoothing Frizz Control.

Manufacturer: Redken

Listed on Ciao since: 03/11/2009

Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask - Review - Farewell Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask

Mickie26 5

Mickie26

About me: I have decided to come back and start writing again.

Member since:11.01.2003

Farewell Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask

14.09.2017

Advantages:
Intensely conditions, gets knots out, goes onto the hair well

Disadvantages:
Expensive and discontinued

Does it smell good?

What hair type is it for?

Why did you buy it?Recommendation

23 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. CoffeeQueen68
  2. danielclark691
  3. CelticSoulSister
  1. euphie
  2. justarube
  3. mumsymary

I was so happy with the way it made my hair look and feel that I would recommend this to anyone, if you can find it in a stockist before it sells out. Otherwise, you would have to spend 80 - 115 on this product at places like EBay and Amazon, which is just not worth it, sadly.

The smell of Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask is also lovely. The scent is nice and light and not over powering. Value for money is not good anymore because of it being discontinued. It is for most hair types; from thin hair to thick hair. I bought this as it was a recommendation from my hairdresser. Sadly, they have discontinued it and I don't know why because it still is, an extremely popular product. As soon as any stockists start selling it, it sells out. You would be extremely lucky to get this product for under 80.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

euphie 29.09.2017 18:26