Reed.co.uk

Reed.co.uk

Review of "Reed.co.uk"

published 14/08/2008 | Ottavia
Member since : 08/08/2008
Pro Friendly, effient, inspiring staff. Excellent at communicating quickly and thoroughly
Cons None that I can think of.
Quality/Suitability of job offers
Office personnel/Consultants
Consultant feedback time
Range of prospective employers
Flexibility of office hours

"Reed (Bath/Bristol) - Go Get a Great Job"

The branches of Reed in Bath and Bristol are excellent at recruiting and matching the employee to the right employer. Reed post over 30 new jobs a day on the Bath/Bristol sites at the time I was looking for employment. So there are plenty of jobs for you to browse at any time.

I have had two experiences with Reed. The first in Bristol, were eager to sign me up and get me registered - even though I'd only had a just under a year of admin experience and a year of catering and was only 18. Some recruitment agencies made me feel patronised and unwelcome because of my lack of experience. But the Bristol office seemed happy to take me on. Unfortunately I cannot report further on Bristol as I got a job with another agency, that I'd joined earlier than I had with Reed. I made sure I recommended them after this as they seemed positive and able to help.

My second experience was in the Bath office. I had left my previous job and was now looking for something different. When I emailed Reed about a job they asked me to come in and register. When I came in to do so they had job details for a company that they thought I would be very well suited in. It payed a LOT more than my previous job, yet they still put me forward, it felt like they really believed in me and my capabilities. After so long with other recruitment agencies this was quite something. They called the company, arranged an interview and called me back the next day with directions and instructions. I've now got one of the best jobs in Bath in my opinion and I really couldn't have done that without Reed and their friendly staff putting me forward for it. They called my employer after a couple of months to check they were happy, but I answered the main line and before they asked me to put them through they checked that I was happy in the position too. A rarity!

Overall, they were efficient, quick and provided you with the right knowledge necessary for any interview that you take through them. They really cared about your career and placement into the job. They don't just judge on face value of experience - ie. she's only got two years worth of admin, they look into what you've done and how capable you are and judge you on that. I even really enjoyed the registering process - which I've been aphrensive about in the past. In my experience, they are the right people to find you a job. I went in to their office with a vague idea of what I wanted to do and not a lot of ideas about what I did want and I walked out with a fantastic job which I don't believe many recruitment agencies would have considered me for.

• Expired-Account published 06/09/2008
    I've never used a recruitment agency, have considered it several times though, nice review
  • pixie65 published 14/08/2008