Reeds Rains

Pro Nationwide
Cons Poor customer service. Useless at repairing faults
Staff courtesy
Staff efficiency
Value for money - of service
Comprehensiveness of service
Speed of sale

"My poor experience of this company"

I have been renting from reeds rains for a year now and luckily I leave the property in a week and will be much happier paying a mortgage than relying on reeds rains.
We have had various problems with the property the main one being in October the loft fell in. This was caused by the doorway to te hloft only being secured by glue not nails or pins and so the glue dried up and the loft fell in nearly killing my partner. We had no 24 hour number to ring and so went to bed with a hole in the roof and a LOT of dust hanging around.
The next day we rang reeds rains to report the problem and they came bak with their usual response of 'we'll get someone to ring you back' by the end of the day they hadn't. Basically we kept ringing them every day for over a fortnight and still didn't give us a conclusion as to when someone would fix it. During this time the weatherw as getting colder but there was no way we could put the heating on as it went straight through the hole in our roof so we were freezing.
It took EIGHT WEEKS for someone to fix it which involved us taking a half day off work ad the job only t ook 2 minutes to do.
Other problems have been the back door being so stiff it was impossible to open- 6 weeks to fix this. The washing machine breaking- 2 weeks, the shower not turning off -4 weeks.
I would definitely not reccomend them as an estate agent to rent from. I have no idea what they are like to buy off but I would be very dubious of renting with them. I certainly would not chose them again.

• SusanLesley published 29/03/2007
    They don't sound very good but you could do with putting more information about them in the review, Susan
  • anwar published 29/03/2007
    They sound awful and were not much good when we were house hunting! Ann

Product Information : Reeds Rains