Home

petitesquirt

Member since:01.01.1970

I stayed at the Relais

17.04.2003

Advantages:
Buffet breakfast

Disadvantages:
No tea making facility within the room

13 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. pleaseratemyreview
  2. siso
  3. Kingseany

For my last long weekend vacation in Paris, we stayed in this little 3-star hotel. It was located in the 15th arrondissment, near Ecole Militaire, UNESCO and of course the Eiffel Tower. The latin quartier was also close by. There are only around 50 rooms in this hotel, so the service provided was rather personal.

Accessibility
=============
I was provided with directions from Gare du Nord station through Eurostar. We took line 4 towards Port D'Orleans and changed at Montparnasse Bienvenue to line 6 towards Charles De Gaulle - Etoile. We alighted at Cambronne and the hotel was just a stone's throw away, on Bvld de Grenelle.

Staff
=====
The staff at reception was friendly. I was able to practise my french, while the staff waited patiently as I struggle through my restricted vocabulary. We were given our keys and were also informed in french that 'le petit dejeuner' was from 7 to 9 am on the second level. I was able to work that out after a few repetitions. I did say the staff was very patient, didn't I?!?

During our stay, we did not see any of the cleaning staff which I presume were there because our room was always immaculate when we returned.

There were only a few staff in the breakfast room, merely to restock the buffet trays as well as to clean any tables that were left dirty.

Overall, I was satisfied with the service.

Room
====
The room, like any small budget hotel, was tiny. Its smaller than my second bedroom. There was enough space for a double bed, a bench holding a TV and that's it. There was just enough room for a person to go round the bed and we had to put our bag on the bench next to the TV. There was a cupboard in front of the door which we did not use.

The bathroom was also tiny. I am a tiny person, and yet I still found the shower small, I can't imagine how a bigger person could shower in comfort. Well, my husband managed somehow. There was a single wash basin with wall mounted mirror above it. The basin was also small but there were hot and cold water taps. There was no hair dryer in the room nor in the bathroom. Something I would have like instead of walking around with wet hair.

The bed was clean and quite hard. The pillows were rather flat and I needed at least two to be comfortable. There was only one window in the room and looks towards the train track above ground. At night, with the windows shut, we were able to sleep without any noise from the street below nor from the train tracks.

There were two wall mounted light fixtures on each side of the bed as well a light above the bed. All were in working condition. There were no tea making facilities within the room and that was something I really could have done with.

Breakfast
=========
Breakfast was buffet style and self-served. On tables along two sides of the wall, we were able to find a variety of food. Hot beverages include coffee, tea and hot chocolate. There were also both orange and apple juice. Foodwise, there were buns, croissants, muffins, toast and hard-boiled eggs. I guess this was standard continental breakfast. We were rather filled but its still nothing compared to a full English breakfast.

Price
=====
The cost of the room for three nights were included in our Eurostar holiday (164 pounds per person). But to book the hotel on its own, would be around 95 Euros for the room and 7.50 Euros for breakfast. I think we had a great deal but would still have booked this hotel because it is within walking distance to many monuments and also within easy access to the metro.

Conclusion
==========
It was a nice, quiet hotel that is not too pricey. I would have like some other basic facilities such as a kettle and tea within the room as well as a hair dryer. Overall, a happy experience.

Website : www.lesrelaisdeparis.fr

Relais de Paris Cambronne
166, Bld de Grenelle
75015 Paris
Tél. : 33 (0) 1 44 49 63 63
Fax : 33 (0) 1 44 49 93 90

Kingseany 30.05.2003 11:48

Sounds good, but no tea in the rooms...how could they?

mojo3693 03.05.2003 23:16

nice op. been to paris, can sometimes be a nightmare finding a decent place!

spobz 22.04.2003 12:12

excellent op! sounds like a great place to stay. robyn x