Remington PG400

Remington PG400

Precision Groomer, Beard Trimmer - Power Supply: Mains + Rechargeable, Rechargeable - Washable, Not Washable

Review of "Remington PG400"

published 23/04/2012 | trayrope
Member since : 30/03/2010
I have Autoimmune Thyroiditis, a tablet a day keeps the fatigue away (supposedly) xx
Pro Multi purpose, long lasting, value for money.
Cons None.
Quality of shave

"Sort out your man's facial hair with the Remington Grooming Set."

A man in need of a Remington grooming kit.

A man in need of a Remington grooming kit.

I purchased the Remington PG400 7 in 1 Grooming kit a couple of years ago for my husband when I noticed that he was steadily getting hairier and hairier. I can’t remember how long he has had this; it must be over 3 years, so I was surprised to find it is still available on Amazon.co.uk for £39.99 + £5.45 postage.

The whole unit is quite attractive to look at and comes with an excellent recharging dock that also stores all the various attachments.

Once I had unpacked the groomer I plugged the charger into the dock and then plugged it into a plug socket. The whole unit has sat quite happily on my husbands’ bedside for the last three years plugged into the power with the groomer sat on constant charge.

The groomer itself is made of very strong plastic that looks metallic. It is nicely shaped which makes it comfortable to hold as well as attractive to look at. It sits very easily and neatly in the charging dock, a small red l.e.d lights up while the power is on to the charging dock, this light stays on constantly and does not indicate the level of charge in the battery powered groomer.

The groomer has four interchangeable heads. There is a small head for nasal and ear trimming; this is shaped to reach into those awkward little areas that insist on getting hairier as a man gets older. The second head is a narrow trimmer (2cm wide), that I assume is used for trimming side burns as my husband never uses this. The third head is a wide trimmer (3cm wide) that comes with two attachable combs, each comb has two differently sized ends enabling trimming of hair at 3mm, 6mm, 9mm and 12mm intervals, my husband uses the wide trimmer and combs for trimming his eyebrows.
The fourth head is a miniscreen shave, this comes with a protective plastic cover to keep the head clean, my husband has never used this part either but from looking at it I assume it would be possible to shave with it. There is also a small angled comb and a cleaning brush. All these attachments sit neatly on the charging dock.

All the blades are titanium and we have never had any problems with the groomer plucking hairs instead of trimming them, the blades are all still clean and sharp despite being used at least once a week for the last three years.

The interchangeable heads are easily changed thanks to the easy twist locking mechanism. It is idiot proof; each head comes with arrows indicating the locked and unlocked positions. It only takes a few seconds to switch heads.

The groomer is very easy to use as it has a rubber slide on/off switch located on the front; the switch does need a deliberate push to slide it on/off so there is no accidental sliding on. The groomer is not overly noisy, it makes a gentle buzzing sound, and the motor is constant and does not seem to speed up or slow down when tackling longer or tougher hairs.

As for the battery life of the groomer I would have to say it is excellent, it has never ran out of charge during use and is as good as the day it was first used.

Remington marketed this groomer as suitable for facial hair management and I can honestly say it is spot on; my husband has no problems keeping excess hair under control and always looks neatly groomed thanks to this.

In conclusion my husband and I think this is a brilliant little grooming set, it holds its charge really well and still runs like new. The charging dock is excellent as it stores all the little nick knacks that came as part of the grooming set and ensures the groomer is always fully charged.

Thank you for reading.

• Jake_Speed published 28/04/2012
    Excellent review!
  • BrookieFan99 published 24/04/2012
    I like the pictures!
  • Viborg published 24/04/2012
    Looks a bit like the one in our bedroom - must check!! Love your first picture! E!