Remington S 9950 Shine Therapy

Remington S 9950 Shine Therapy

Hair Stylers - Straightener - with Different Temperature Settings - Mains operated

Review of "Remington S 9950 Shine Therapy"

published 22/07/2010 | livi_edwards
Member since : 22/07/2010
Good
Pro Shine therapy, hard to damage, variant temperatures
Cons Plates get very hot and no protection from burning yourself, shine therapy doesn't last
Straightening
Ease of Use
Special Features

"Remington Shine Therapy Straighteners - great for the first week"

After my Nicky Clarke's had an untimely demise, I popped straight out the shop to buy a new pair of straighteners. There was a choice of 4 - one being these Remington pair. I decided on these due to their claim of shine therapy - my hair could use the extra boost! The first time I tried them, I was pleasantly surprised - the temperature was set to 200 degrees (you can set it between 180 and 230 depending on your hair type) and it only took 5 minutes to make my hair sleek and straight.

After using them for about a week, the shine therapy seemed to have worn off - my hair wasn't very shiny and the straighteners were bringing out a frizz in my hair (partially due to the weather, I'm sure) but they just wouldn't do what I wanted them to. In the end, I had to go out and spend a fortune on products to get my hair looking how I wanted it - I've had these straighteners for about 5 or 6 months now; the shine therapy has worn off, it takes 20 minutes to straighten my hair and I have to re-do it halfway through the day because it's started to curl. I have quite thin hair but I coat it with hairspray to keep it in style and give my layers some volume, but the straighteners just aren't as proactive as they were before.

My main problem is the fact I keep burning myself - the plates heat up very quickly and are located on the edge of the straightener, so there is no protection for your fingers should they aimlessly go to pick them up. I miss my Nicky Clarke's!