charlespc... 5

charlespcd

Member since:24.03.2009

Courteous, Competitive & Efficient

24.03.2009 (27.03.2009)

Advantages:
Great Price, Enhanced Liability Cover, Swift Work

Disadvantages:
Wish I had heard of them before I moved previously

Service efficiency

not helpful by (19%):
  1. beagle196845
  2. ciao20081
  3. explorer20101920

Hi All, thought I would share my experiences with this company, I originally came on here to complain about the customer services of another comany but saw the link for the Removal Group.

In November 2008 I had to return to Oregan in the USofA from Italy after 25 years of consultancy work, the current economic situation forced me to return to normal life back in the states.

The move was paid for by my client as a sign of good will so the price of the move home was not really an issue for me. Beceause of this I chose for a dedicated move instead of a part load service as I wanted my stuff to be with me as soon as possible. With a part load service I think the delivery time is a) when the container is filled, and b) a waiting game for someone in Italy to relocate with a part load service to the holding in Ohio. There is a considerable cost reduction when doing this but as I was not paying for the move I chose the more expensive option!

I had a few choices of competitive quotes from three main companies (2 agents and 1 removal company), the prices were quite varied but I decided to go with the Removal Group over the other two companies because of their enhanced liability cover which gave me a bit of peace of mind incase of the worst and also because of the professionalism of the staff throughout from sales to operations they realy did know what they were doing from start to finish.

I felt comfortable leaving them in control of my possessions, knowing that 70 days later I will have them all delivered to my front door.

With regards to the actual move the team that the Removal Group subcontracted the move to were the most polite workers that I have met on my travels, they were amazing when crating our family heirlooms and packing our vast wine collection. I was concerned about moving my wine and statues etc (hence the liability cover) but the gents were very considerate when doing this and I could relax, safe in the knowledge that my good were in the best hands.

I had a survery, I suggest anyone that is moving to get a removal company to survey your goods as the onus is then on them, if you are 'over cubed' you could be charged a lot more than you would think.

You'll be happy to know that after 2 and a half months my goods arrived safely, the wine and heirlooms were untouched, the relief was unbelievable as I am sure you can imagine.

A massive thank you to all at the Removal Group, they made my move so easy if I do go back to Italy, I will be sure to use them.

Charles.

beagle196845 12.08.2010 05:00

I agree with other comments, it's wrong for a company to rate / review itself on the site if that is what happened.

ciao20081 11.08.2010 13:15

There is not way this review can be real and therefore it has no place on this website at all. This site is for genuine postings, not ones written by the company themselves.

explorer20101920 11.08.2010 11:35

Since this review is written by the company itself it is not helpful at all. Those visiting this site please read on to further pages where you see the large number of unhappy customers whose reviews got buried because The Removal Company invests a lot of time ensuring their fake reviews stay top.