Requests (Classic FM)

Requests (Classic FM)

Review of "Requests (Classic FM)"

published 30/04/2004 | MAFARRIMOND
Member since : 07/12/2002
Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.. (Winston Churchill)
Pro Live and interactive
Cons Missing requests
How does it compare to similar programmes?
How good are the presenters?
How good is the content?
How do you rate the guests?

"Listeners requests on live radio"

My job entails a fair amount of travelling. Between my visits, I listen to Classic FM as it both relaxes and entertains me. I particularly enjoy the listener’s requests as the stories of why the request is being made can be amusing and it is interesting to discover other people’s tastes. The other bonus is serendipity I have discovered pieces of music and composers that had hitherto been unknown to me and now give me great pleasure. The show is sensitively compiled and presented by the production team and the presenters with the introductory dialogue and dedications being given at appropriate times.

Classic FM is a radio station that broadcasts on both digital and analogue radio also through sky digital on the following frequencies: 100 to 102 FM, on DAB Digital Radio and Sky Digital channel 856.

The station plays a wide range of classical music. There are three shows that are geared to play requests. These are: Lunch Time Requests with Jane Jones. This airs between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. each weekday.
Saturday Requests with Jamie Crick. This also airs between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. but on Saturdays only.
Sunday Requests with Jane Jones each Sunday between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.

Requests can be can be made using four different methods. By completing an email request online. Just type in your request details and send to email requests@classicfm.com. By text on 07870 150 100. By letter to Classic FM plc,7 Swallow Place, Oxford Circus, London, W1B 2AG. Or by phoning the Radio Station during the show on 0845 7 49 1812.

The first three types of requests are read out by the presenter. The telephone request is often broadcast live.

My husband once placed a request for me thinking I would be listening at that particular time. Unfortunately I wasn’t and missed it. He has never made another one.

This review was read 1952 times and was rated at

• Puma1000 published 21/12/2004
    Shame you missed the request. I put one online once, but it never came through. Puma1000
  • kev19687607 published 15/06/2004
    Hi, Nice review, close to my own heart as I like you do alot of driving and alot of listening to music. You can't beat a bit of classical after dodging the traffic in "the big smoke." Kev
  • Deru published 14/05/2004
    I enjoy classical music, ocassionally. I tune to Classic FM sometimes when I'm on the train. Nice op.

Product Information : Requests (Classic FM)

Listed on Ciao since: 30/04/2004