• BMW X3 2.0d

Reviews - BMW X3 2.0d

BMW present the X3 2.0d SE 4 X 4 with 6 Speed Manual Gearbox, Four Wheel Drive (4x4) running on Diesel

Filter by
Sort by Helpfulness
  • Helpfulness
  • Product rating
  • Date

Good

Badge, resale value, Image

Build quality, Not a real 4x4, Price

I liked the X5 and thought I'd have a look at the new X3 2.0d SE as its fairly economical on paper. After spending some time with the X3 and driving it I came to the conclusion that its a rather bland and boring car. Its far to low to be a serious 4x4 and no where near an Audi estate or even a 5...

> Read review

published 06/10/2008

A very underrated Sports Activity Vehicle. Mine is the xDrive 20d 2008 model with the 177hp engine. Smooth, powerful (for size) and economic after the petrol 5 series I have been driving. Disregard the old road tests (2004/2005) especially that of Top Gear, the latest model is not the same car. Finish is excellent and easily compares with my previous 5 series Touring. Early days but highly recommended so far.

Satisfactory

The Badge, Resale Value,

Diesel engine is a little coarse

By the way, I don't mean to come across as negative when I talk about this car, (and yes it is only a car, not a 4X4) but when I come to think about it, the BMW X3 diesel hasn't alot going for it. The interior for a start is cheap. The quality of the plastics and the trim do not suggest to me...

> Read review