Home > Finance > Insurance > Car Insurance > Churchill Insurance Company Limited

Community images

  • Churchill Insurance Company Limited
  • The Car In Question

Reviews - Churchill Insurance Company Limited

> Show product information

Efficiency
Price
Service

User reviews

Filter by
Review type
  • Reviews with images (1)
  • Quick reviews (1)
  • standard reviews (47)
Product rating
  • (20)
  • (9)
  • (4)
  • (5)
  • (10)
Sort by Helpfulness
  • Helpfulness
  • Product rating
  • Date

Excellent

Speedy service

None to mention

I've been purchasing my motor insurance from Churchill for a number of years now. My initial reason for contacting Churchill for an insurance quote was the catchy bulldog adverts, you know the ones, voiced by Vic Reeves - Oh no, no, no, no and Oh yes. However, once I'd contacted them I discovered...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

Cheapest insurance for new drivers

Hard to contact

As a new driver (I only past three weeks ago), I had to shop around quite a lot to find an insurance company to cover me as a learner driver. The challenge was to find someone who would provide fully comp for a reasonable price, without having to involve parents as a policy holder. The website I...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Satisfactory

Good CLAS service

awful level of communition within company, too man...

Churchill passionate about insurance, so their slogan says. Really I say how about passionate about being totally unhelpful! We had a car accident 11th August this year on the way back from holiday in Devon. We`d travelled about half an hour and ended up as car 2 in a line of 4 who had a bump...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“Car Insurance”

published 27/01/2006

Cheap, quick

no nodding dog

When it comes to car insurance, i'm afraid i'm a bit lazy. Don't get me wrong, i do have insurance but i haven't got the time to shop around and find not just the cheapest quote but also value for money. I've been driving for 9 years now and even when i've bought a new car. i've just gone along...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“As good as their word”

published 05/03/2001

Excellent service. Competitive premiums.

Don't insure more powerful cars.

My family have been Churchill members for some eleven years and have never had an accident until last year. My girlfriend was driving her Corsa along the road when a driver pulled out of a lay-by without looking. The damage was fairly minimal. The nearside wing was crushed. We rang Chruchills and...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

Cheapest by far for an under 25 year old.

Minor policy restrictions.

One year and one month ago I had my insurance revoked from Dial Direct after their system did not recognise the post-code for my new house I had just moved into. Obviously I started phoning all the 0800 numbers getting insurance quotes (since you must be insured by law!) - but alas, because most...

> Read review

Price
Service
Efficiency

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“I saved over £400”

published 30/07/2000

Cheap policies for female drivers

Not particularly cheap for under 21s.

I have a 1997 renault clio panache 5 door which I bought brand new, with 2 years free insurance. When this became due for renewal, the existing insurers, RAC sent me a renewal for £680. I was astonished at how high this was, I was a 21 yr old female with 3 yrs no claims bonus, and the car's...

> Read review

Price
Service
Efficiency

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“Good solid motoring policy”

published 16/03/2001

Quality service backed up by reputable company.

None, really.

I have been with Churchill insurance since 1991 and they have never caused me any concern. Their staff are very helpful and their quotes are always around the lowest. I drive a Vauxhall Corsa at the moment and Churchill was at least £40 cheaper than the AA. But price isn't the only factor. A year...

> Read review

Price
Service
Efficiency

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

“churchill insurance”

published 20/10/2002

lowest premium, choice of installments or pay in f...

high apr on payments, have to ask twice to get che...

I have recently taken out a policy with churchill insurance and i have to give credit to churchill as they were able to provide me with the lowest quote out of all the insurance companies. i have tried over 50 companies in order to get my quote down to £430.95 with 4 years ncb. I was quite...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“Churchill Insurance”

published 22/09/2000

Repairs service is excellent

Get hammered if you claim

We've been with Churchill now for 3 years, and admiteddly the only reason we're still with them is because no-one else will touch us with 23ft barge pole, however, it's not all bad. For starters, their premiums were very competitive when we changed our car from a 1.2 Seat Ibiza to a 2.0l Mondeo...

> Read review

Price
Service
Efficiency

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Steer Clear of Them!!!!”

published 25/06/2007

Absolutely None

How Long Have You Got ?

Where do I start, first off they were more than happy to take my money for the insurance, but when I came to renew my policy elsewhere, thats when the trouble really started. Initially after first insuring with them I had trouble getting documents from them, having to make four phone calls in two...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“Simply Fantastic”

published 08/09/2000

Wonderful Service

None

I have used many insurance companies, but never have I been as satisfied as with Churchill. It is not simply that their rates are most competitive, in fact once of the cheapest I was quoted, but it is the extent of the cover and the service you get. This service is second to none. Any querries...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“Good for over 25 I would say”

published 12/04/2001

see text

not that good for young drivers

I have a month or so to go on my car insurance, so I have started ringing up for car insurance. I tried Churchill Car Insurance after it was recommended to me by my friend and since my parents are insured with them. When I rang up I had to pick some options to make sure you went through the right...

> Read review

Price
Service
Efficiency

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“Well Done Churchill”

published 24/01/2001

Cheap quotes, excellent accident cover.

none

I have been an extremely satisfied motor insurance customer of Churchill's for a number of years. I first used Churchill after they gave a highly competitive quote on my then new (used) car. It was the first time I wanted fully comprehensive insurance and was dreading the cost, however Churchill...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

Friendly, UK based operators, cheepest for me by f...

none so far

8 bloody years with Norwich Union no fault claims. So I phoned them up again to ask how much they wanted to insure my new car (seat Ibiza chill 1.4) also reviewed! That'll be £514.88 Sir! "What!! My Escort 1.6 was only £380.00!" "Sorry sir that’s our best offer" So after a bit of cursing I sit...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Our recommendation for