Reviews - EF International Language Schools

• Product rating
  • Date

Resources

Not for all pockets

I work for EF so feel well placed to comment. EF is a very centrally controlled franchise and I thoroughly enjoy working for them. I work at the Chengdu EF school in China and have previously worked as a language teacher in Europe. The school in Chengdu is very well-resourced and the management...

> Read review

Application Process
Office Staff
Teachers
Course Material

published 05/12/2007

I went to study with EF in Bournemouth this summer. It was an excellent experience. I had the summer of my life. Fun staff, cool director and very good teachers. I went there with an IELTS level of 5.5 and after 8 weeks it was 6.5! I couldn;t believe it myself. Trust me, you definitely won't regret it.

published 26/02/2008

EF was a huge disappointment for me. I would not recommend this to anyone. Even in the predeparture process EF offered little to no support or assistance, did not offer a range of living arrangements, or customize the learning experience. Initally I felt the price was reasonable, $15 000, for 9 months in Barcelona, but the difficulties I had and the compromises I was required to make, caused me to rethink travelling with them. In the end I believe I would have been very dissapointed in EF if I would have stayed with them. There are too many better organizations to travel with than EF, they have made their money by being the biggest and loudest competitor not the best. Look at your options before commiting to EF, please.

Our recommendation for