Community images

  • Hello

Reviews - Hello

> Show product information

Quality of features
Quality of journalis...
Quantity of advertis...
Value for money

User reviews

Filter by
Review type
  • standard reviews (16)
Product rating
  • (6)
  • (2)
  • (1)
  • (7)
Sort by Helpfulness
  • Helpfulness
  • Product rating
  • Date

Not for me

“A perfect foil.”

published 07/01/2005

Can be used to light fires or clean up, erm, accid...

Costs money and wastes precious ink and paper

I think I'm qualified to say that Hello! magazine is perhaps the worlds most intestine severing pile of buttwax ever rolled out of a four colour press anywhere in the world, outperforming even the most tiresome caravaning magazine in terms of vapidity (although it lacks the all-important tent peg...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Satisfactory

“You Say Hello I Say Goodbye”

published 30/01/2002

Excellent TV Guide

The rest of the magazine

Sometimes we need something to do to amuse ourselves... no not that, get your mind out of the gutter. We write, we paint, we play a sport and we read. The list could probably go on forever. For any one thing you could think to do someone else has probably had the same thought. Yes and that does...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

“HELLO! Do I know you??”

published 29/10/2008

Keep up to date in all things glossy and shiny!

No real news. Just pretty pictures!

As I have stated in my other reviews, I am a bit of a nosy parker and I love looking at what is going on in other peoples lives. Why? No other reason then because I love people watching. Looking at what others are doing, how others live their life. Everyone is different. This also includes...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“~ * Oh Hello There! * ~ ”

published 18/04/2012

Features Royalty, Good pictures, Positive

price

I hadn’t bought Hello! magazine for years. I think the main reason is because I always considered it to be too expensive - at £2 a copy, I think that it is far too expensive for a weekly magazine. However, the other day I decided to treat myself to a different magazine (I always buy the same ones...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

“A flick through Hello”

published 18/02/2002

Good TV guide

Where are the celebrities?!

Sitting in front of me, on my desk, is this week’s issue of Hello! Magazine. Staring back at me off the flat page is an image of Princess Margaret. ‘The Nation Mourns,’ the cover tells me, under the ever-increasing £1.85 price tag. What is ‘Hello!’?… For the...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Goodbye Hello”

published 11/03/2001

Good to get your bonfire going

Everything about it

Are our lives really so empty that we feel we have to fill the void by reading about "celebrities'" lifestyles? Today I have been unfortunate enough to have been given a copy of Hello! magazine (there is no way on this earth I would buy it). Still - there is one good thing to come from it - an...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Celebrity As God”

published 03/03/2001

Well produced

Ingratiating, sycophantic drivel

There is one phenomenon which grew in enormous leaps in the 1990s. It is the cult of celebrity. We have, so we are led to believe, developed such an insatiable appetite for news of celebrity lifestyles and royal minutiae that an entire industry has been built. Journalists, photographers and...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

easy read, full of useless yet entertaining inform...

A few errors and missing facts

I love this magazine. Its so amazingly tacky! It is a cheaper version of OK, and it shows, although I must say that the photos are of a similar quality even if the text isn’t. Often full of errors, or missing useful facts which the reporter obviously forgot to ask in their excitement (like the...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“Best Celeb mag around”

published 27/07/2000

glossy pics

not great writing

I love Hello. You know exactly what you're going to get with each issue, and that's a glimpse into the lives of the rich and famous. Hello's unique style of journalism with no controversial or searching questions means that the text is not a riveting read, but there are acres of glossy photos to...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Price
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“Gossip Gala”

published 20/07/2000

price, good articles/pics.

small target audience

If you love to keep up to date with your fav. celebs and their glamerous lives then you will surely like 'Hello' magazine. I first read this magazine when someone had left it on the train. OK, some of the articles probably do pry a bit into the lives of some celebs and some of the articles may be...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Hello, Bye bye”

published 13/08/2002

Are there any?

Where shall I start?

Has anyone read this magazine then if so, May I ask Why? Ok it had it’s time where it was as big as O.K1 and HEAT1 but now it has three pages and no-one wastes their time reading this crap magazine anymore. What does it Have I ask myself? Does it have Celebrity gossip? ANSWER – rarely...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Scheming Contradictions”

published 20/07/2000

its an interesting read

it is all completely untrue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of months ago i purchased this magazine and was amazed at the amount of lies that was in one particular artical, regarding Celine Dions pregnancy. For starters they got her age completely wrong! and then contradicted themselves by putting a wrong date of birth! which didnt add up!! Then...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

Great celebrity photos

Sometimes only gives one side of the story

Why do people settle for second best with OK! Magazine when they can read the original and in my opinion superior Hello! Hello! is packed full of glossy celebrity photos and the writing always has a positive angle. The stories tend to be based on fact and the articles are unusual as they tend to...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Degrading and Untrue”

published 15/07/2000

It is a quick and easy source for spreading rumors

It is degrading and immoral for those who it is wr...

I do not personaly buy 'Hello'magazine, as I think it is basicly trash, but you can never fail to see a copy in the doctors' waiting room, or left on the train, and when I am SO bored that i bring myself to read it I am disgusted at the content. The people who write this stuff have no respect for...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Glossy trash”

published 17/07/2000

none what so ever

glossy trash

I can say that I have never ever in my tire life bought a copy of this magazine and i have never met any one who has therefore could you please tell me how come I keep coming across it in my Doctors/Dentists/ vets waiting room? This magazine is just glossy trash telling you what a sad/happy life...

> Read review

Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Value for money
Quantity of advertising

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

1 2

Our recommendation for