Home > Ciao Café > Current Debate > Is beauty only skin deep?
Is beauty only skin deep?

Community images

  • Delta Goodrem. Such beauty on the outside. What's she like on the inside?
  • Beauty or not?
  • The most beautiful person in my life
  • Am I attractive?  Let me know!!!

Reviews - Is beauty only skin deep?

> Show product information

User reviews

Filter by
Review type
  • Reviews with images (4)
  • standard reviews (98)
Product rating
  • (25)
  • (25)
  • (31)
  • (3)
  • (14)
Sort by Helpfulness
  • Helpfulness
  • Product rating
  • Date

Super

External beauty attracts potential partners

Causes envy and lack of empathy

I was drawn to this particular debate by memories of a tragic loss I experienced six years ago - details later - and thought I would like to express my opinion on the subject. I have to say straight away that I have been happily married for 32 years and so my comments and experiences relate to...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

Fact base look at Beauty

Ver clinical and depressing

First debate in 6 months, how exciting, I'd forgotton how much I enjoy reading people's opinions and thier line of argument. I've had a scrawl through the topics and found it a bit difficult to find one that really interests me and I can get my teeth into. Some of them are just a bit pointless...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“The World of a beauty queen”

published 30/12/2004

beauty is not skin deep

yet we all judge by beauty

The World of a Beauty Queen A mother sits in her beautiful home, the walls plastered with her daughter’s success. The father stands outside washing his many cars won through his daughter’s beauty. Meanwhile, a four-year-old sits alone at her dressing table, applying make-up, and sorting her long...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Excellent

“Beauty IS the beast!”

published 21/07/2005

Beauty is on the inside!

We still judge people by the way the loook!

Beauty is pain, or is it? Many people believe beauty to be someone with extremely good looks, but true beauty does not consist of what is on the outside, it's what's on the inside. Picking up a typical magazine nowadays and flicking through the pages, you will see that every picture consists of...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

See Opinion

See Opinion

What Is Beauty? Another one of those concepts that's hard to really identify because too many people have conflicting ideas on the subject, what defines someone as truly beautiful? Is it their looks? Their figure? Their confidence? Their style? Their Ethnicity. In truth, I think it is none of...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

“What is beauty?”

published 01/08/2004

-

-

This is something that I consider very close to my heart. I think that we all are guilty of pigeon holing people due to size, gender, looks or the choices they make with regards to their body, and yet we get annoyed when people do it to us. As i was growing up, fat people were pointed out to be...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“BEAUTY ......”

published 22/07/2005

Beauty on the inside is the biggest advantage in l...

People judging.

I am really happy to have the chance to express how I feel on this subject which concerns me deeply. Please read. OBSESSED: I believe that the society we live in today is completely obsessed with the way they look. I can't blame society though, as it seems these days people are judged first on...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“NO PECS - NO SEX”

published 01/08/2002

You can't judge a book by its cover...

...or can you?

When I originally sat down to construct this opinion, I wondered just how much there could be to say on the topic. As a concept, you could easily think that beauty is only skin deep because in the traditional sense, beauty is regarded as a physical thing. However, the debate is rather more...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

“Beauty is as Beauty does”

published 09/09/2004

Exactly, it's simply as deep as your skin

aesthetics are not personality

In thinking about this topic, I came to realise that I see beauty in a person and acknowledge it for just that. I can look at a man or woman and think they're absolutely gorgeous, in the same way you can look at art or a landscape. And I will often tell them that they look beautiful, too. I think...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Still judged by our looks

Beauty? What is beauty? Stunning eyes, lucious full lips,skin that's like a priceless porcelein antique? Beauty magazines promote beauty as something you can buy, a product that will make everyone acceptable to the world. On one page, an article on weightloss to achieve the 'perfect body'. On the...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Super

“Is beauty only skin deep”

published 01/10/2002

Looking good for other people

Feeling bad about yourself

In today's competitive society, a person strives for perfection, due to the fact that so much emphasis is placed on one's outer appearance. No matter who we are or where we live, society puts this pressure upon us. We are typically faced with this pressure by models on television and in magazines...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

see op

see op

Is beauty only skin deep? In my opinion, yes it is! Why do I say that? Every single person in this world has qualities, even though at times you may not feel like you have, look in the mirror and tell yourself. It is so easy to put yourself down and I am a true one for this, how many of us can...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Good

“The Human Face”

published 07/09/2002

Forgetting the aesthetics

Only seeing beauty with your eyes

This is a really interesting topic and I thought I'd try and put a scientific viewpoint on it, although knowing me I'll probably end up rabbiting on and on... A famous quote by American author and playwright, Jean Kerr says "Im tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep-thats...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Is beauty only skin deep.”

published 08/11/2002

N/A

N/A

What makes a person beautiful. Personaly I think too much emphasis is put on women and men to conform to what the media image of beautiful is. A recent poll showed that a frightening 87% of men and women are not happy with thier looks and would change something surgicaly if they could afford it...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0

Not for me

“Everyone is different”

published 14/03/2004

To many, looks matter

To others, they don't

A topic that has been asked by so many, so often. Do looks matter? No matter what your point of view, people will always be divided on the subject 'Is beauty only skin deep'. The term 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' has always meant to me that we all see each other in different ways. Who...

> Read review

Did you find this review helpful? Yes 0