Samsung DVD-SH853M

• Samsung DVD-SH853M

Reviews - Samsung DVD-SH853M

Enjoy greater convenience with hassle-free recording and easy operation. With a built-in 160GB hard disk drive, you can store your entertainment right on the recorder, while the DVB-T tuner lets you re...

Instructions
Sort by Helpfulness
  • Helpfulness
  • Product rating
  • Date

“This Year's Top Budget Model”

published 24/05/2008

Great series of facilities

Attracts dust, no time remaining, no HDNI

That time of year had descended on me again where whether I need one or not it was time to purchase a new DVD recorder. After the success of last year's Samsung DVD recorder I again chose to stick with the brand again. During last year having fought it off for a few years silver finally made way...

> Read review

Sound Level
Instructions

published 31/08/2008

My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing this dvd is DON'T. Since we purchased this product last December we have had nothing but problems with it. It has been repaired a number of times and is still not working properly. Samsung will only offer to repair this faulty machine even though it has not been "fit for purpose" since we purchased it and refuse to exchange it or refund our money. I have purchased many Samsung products in the past - 2 TV's, 2 dvd's, camcorder, fax machineand printers and have not had problems. This purchase and the resultant customer service we have received has totally destroyed my faith in this brand.

published 20/04/2008

I just bought one but it's going back pdq. starts with the remote control - tiny faint grey lettering, what light levels do they expect in a living room? Instructions for setting up are incomprehensible. And a buzzing noise when switched on. I really couldn't find anything to like about it.