Rating Summary

11-25 of 49 reviews Show most helpful reviews first Newest first

Community Level 1plus-media

plus-media

Fantastic Service

AdvantagesGood price, Good communication from delivery drivers

DisadvantagesSurly woman on the phone when I rang to clarify something

"How weird, I am looking at these terrible reviews, and I feel obliged to write a bit in their defence. I usually never shop from the big high-street name brands as I find they are usually expensive compared to other online shops, but after being messed around by DigitalDirect.co.uk (dont use them!) I found myself reading their website and seeing that by going through www.quidco.com and www.retailmenot.com to get a £20 off code, they were £9 more expensive. ..." Read review
28.02.2008

Community Level 1washdayblues

Quick review of dixons.com

"Never would i use dixons again!!!!!!! Middle of august i ordered a washine machine which was delivered damaged and advised not to accept it. Then i had to go to my house which i didn't live in at the time at 7:15 to receive a new one which didnt arrive. Told i'd get one at the end of the next week so i said forget it. I had made numerous phone calls and was messed about so i complained. i have written letters and lots of e-mails and finally promised a cheque for £10 by the 19th november to cover all the 0870 numbers i had to call and postage. I never got that cheque. I keep sending e-mails to Michelle clive who telephoned about the cheque. She won't reply. Waste of time??????????
11.12.2007

Community Level 1chas270

Quick review of dixons.com

"Dont buy anything from this company, paid for gas cooker by credit card, money taken out immediately, told it would be delivered on thursday afternoon, phoned me thursday am not being delivered will now be sunday. Waited in sunday phoned them at 3pm was told it was not on system for delivery, when would I like it delivered. Told them to cancel order, asked when money would be refunded told my account was told at least five days. What a disgusting horrible service this company has, such a pity better companies have gone to the wall and these still survive. So be warned
08.02.2009

Community Level 1gazz210

Quick review of dixons.com

"I have also experienced the Dixons process of paying for my goods and several delivery dates being missed. The last advice I have received is the product is out of stock as their supplier has continually let them down and they don't know when it will be available. This was afetr getting the run around with several different telephone numbers to contact. I will leave it to for you to judge whether it is intentional or just a very unorganised Company.
15.12.2007

Community Level 1welshboyo58

Quick review of dixons.com

"Dont bother wasting your time and effort nothing but stress! Advert states product in stock you pay your money and next page say subject to availability order will be processed,delivery dates go from 1 week to a month,after keeping my money £978 for two weeks and probably 100's more customers Dixons are on a nice little earner.Now taking this up with our MP as this seems to be a common occurance with many internet companies. Dont let them get away with it complain to as many as possible and we the customers will win.
31.12.2007

Community Level 1staffrevie...

staffreviewer

Do not bother with Dixons.

AdvantagesNone

DisadvantagesPoor stock monitoring, item may not arrive, poor customer service.

"I ordered a LCD TV online for delivery. 5 days later I received an email saying the item was out of stock and to order another TV on line or call the customer services department. The customer service advisor confirmed that the TV was not in stock and said I can order off the web site or could go and pick up the TV from a Curries and pay an extra £100. This was not much help. She did not have a clue was not helpful so i asked to speak to the manger. The ..." Read review
02.01.2010

Community Level 1Nippona

Quick review of dixons.com

"If I could give zero I would. Delivered and installed a Zanussi, which was not working. They took my old cooker away and said this one would work if it was allowed to warm up for 2 hours. Nothing on it works. Rang Dixons call centre and no-one was at all helpful. They failed to let me know the new delivery date in 48 hours. You cannot speak to a supervisor or manager and they just reiterate the same rubbish. I have been left without a cooker for I don't know how long. I would never buy from them again. Cheap prices maybe, but no service. Don't even think about buying from them.
21.01.2009

Community Level 1jambevy

Quick review of dixons.com

"I purchased a Samsung RL41WGTB black fridge freezer - it was delivered on 19th July 2008. All went well until it was delivered - the colour was not BLACKas advertised on their website but a dark grey. I immediately called them to tell them they were advertising the colour wrongly!! Next problem the water dispenser did not work - water trickled out. Dixons did not want to know - you have to call Samsung!! I arranged with them to send out an engineer - I sat in from 8am to 6pm and guess what - no engineer arrived!! He did arrive the next day(only after me making numerous phone calls) I am still awaiting this to be fixed. Will NEVER purchase from Dixons again.
16.08.2008

Community Level 1AlexUK75

Quick review of dixons.com

"BAD SERVICE, ... i bought at HI FI system, the delivery arrive 7 days ...when arrive the item its wrong, (send me another item diferent brand and cheap), call for claim, and they tell me what sendme the label for post and return in 3 days, wait 7 days ... send back the wrong item and waiting another 7 days for the right item ...anyway lost 1 month, costumer servce bad and lie ... not recomend
08.01.2008

Community Level 1alan8376

Quick review of dixons.com

"I was always sceptical of Curry/Dixons reputation. So why did I choose to use them? I ordered an AEG S75348kg Fridge/Freezer to be delivered sometime on Friday 21st Nov.... Late afternoon I phoned Dixons for a delivery time. I was told 17:30 up to 21:00. At 19:30 the delivery driver's mate phoned to say he was 10mins away, soon after he arrived . Both the guys were friendly and helpful . They got the fridge/frezeer into the kitchen after removing the packaging outside and explained to leave it overnight before switching on.. So, I was wrong about Dixons! For their dealings with this item and the delivery guys I can not fault them. Well done to Dixons....
21.11.2008

Community Level 1burt1234

Quick review of dixons.com

"Supplied a faulty DVD recorder, spent hours on the phone speaking to numerous people trying to get a replacement. After care sales is the worst I've come across. Never again
11.09.2007

Community Level 1digital123

Quick review of dixons.com

"Dixons. I have never been fond of Dixons/Currys etc,because of the poor product knowledge and impersonal sevice,not to mention delivery costs and after sales.I recently ordered and paid for a freezer. I was told it would be delivered Saturday.I had to ring to confirm time. I was told that nothing had been ordered and could not help.I had taken time off work for this delivery.After numerous Emails and calls,it arrived a week later.I complained and asked for compensation. They have never replied.I just hope the freezer works okay. Never again,would not recommend.
16.04.2008

Community Level 1Dixons_is_...

Quick review of dixons.com

"Dixons is crap!!. will never buy anything from them ever again. My fiance said they were crap but i did not listen. I should have. They really are crap! Purchased a fridge online as it was good price. Order did not go through as my card was declined. they only rang me 2 days later to let me know. Then there were 'systems issues' and they could not find my order nor let me know when a delivery can be expected. Manager at customer service told me i am not the only customer they have and when they get around to it they will ring me to explain. This was they day before original delivery date!!.. useless!!! CRAP!!!!!
27.11.2007

Community Level 1ilike2sleep

Quick review of dixons.com

"They advertised a product that was not in stock and charged my card for the item while unable to provide an estimate of when it would be back in stock. After cancelling it can take up to 5 days for it to be put back onto my card. Not impressed. At this time they are STILL advertising the item as in stock. Would never go near them again.
18.12.2008

Community Level 1edow

Quick review of dixons.com

"I am a regular shopper at Dixons online shop and I have noticed in the recent past that they are really trying to give their customers very good deals. I have compared their prices of like for likes with their competitors and they are really good deals. Owen caredeals.co.uk
07.10.2008