Review of "Revival - Selena Gomez"

published 27/01/2016 | emjaynehill
Member since : 29/06/2015
18-year-old girl with a passion for writing. Trying to catch up on my ratings with all my free time. Thank you for understanding.
Pro Original, catchy, fun.
Cons None.
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Selena Gomez Is Back and Better Than Ever With ''Revival''"

Revival - Selena Gomez

Revival - Selena Gomez

On the 9th of October 2015, Selena Gomez released her latest album ''Revival'' with fourteen new songs including the hits 'Good For You', 'Same Old Love', and 'Hands To Myself'. Selena has had a particularly hard time: she was diagnosed with lupus, had a rough breakup, and was attacked by the media and trolls who were body-shaming her for a particular photo in a bikini - ''Revival'' is the album highlighting how Selena has come back better and more confident than ever. Each song is either speaking her feelings or encouraging and inspiring the listener, using her experience to encourage others to 'love themselves' the way Selena has learned to.

Selena Gomez is a pop singer and has been making her own music after the break-up of her band 'Selena Gomez & The Scene'. ''Revival'' is her third album as a solo artist and it has a total of one billion streams on Spotify and YouTube so far. Whether you need inspiration, a happy song to sing along to or a sad song to cry along to - ''Revival'' has it all. The album has a variation of emotional songs and happy songs.

As a Gomez fan since a very young age, I am more than satisfied with this album. I listen to it everyday with a copy on my iPod, my phone, and it is constantly being played out of my speakers as loud as possible! I bought this album for my birthday in December after listening to it constantly on YouTube since the day of the release. I am still listening to it daily. If you're into pop music then you will more than likely love this album, if you don't like chart music then maybe you won't, it's not for everyone, but personally I love it, and I've loved every song she's ever done.

What did other thinks of ''Revival''?

I can't go around asking everyone what they thought of the album, but I can tell you the ratings for the albums - and they are quite high.

iTunes - 4.7
Idolator - 4
Metacritic - 74%
Amazon - 4.6

Each rating is above average and Selena - who worked on this album for two years and is pleased with the outcome - has had a lot of compliments and had three of the songs on the charts. Now, that's impressive!

Where can I get ''Revival'' and how much for?

''Revival'' will most likely be sold in quite a few places. There is the option of the Deluxe version but as a family member bought it for me, I don't have the Deluxe version but I do have a version, and also I have no idea how much it was nor where it came from because I didn't buy it for myself.

''Revival'' Deluxe is £10.75 from Amazon.
''Revival'' Deluxe is £11.99 from iTunes.
''Revival'' is £7.99 from HMV Online
''Revival'' is £7.75 on eBay
''Revival'' Deluxe is £9.94 on eBay

The Deluxe version has fourteen songs while the other version has eleven songs. The Deluxe version has a photo of Selena posing topless, so you can easily see the difference between each one.

Is ''Revival'' worth the money?
Can anyone enjoy ''Revival''?
Yes. Yes.
I can't fault this album, I really can't. It's my favourite album by Selena and my favourite album ever. Definitely worth the money.
What songs are included in the Deluxe ''Revival''?

1. Revival
11. Rise
12. Me & My Girls
13. Nobody
14. Perfect

I hope you consider buying this album, it is so inspirational and catchy both at the same time and ''Revival'' is the only album I listen to anymore, I've been listening to it everyday for a few months and I'm still not bored of it. I would advise listening to some of the songs on YouTube or Spotify to test out if you like them before buying the album. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

• 1st2thebar published 23/05/2016
    Informative. Though haven't a clue what the ratings are out of.
  • Chippytarka published 20/04/2016