Revlon 9117U

Revlon 9117U

Pistol Grip Hairdryer - Maximum Wattage:2000 - 2 Airflow Settings - with Diffuser - with Cool Shot

Review of "Revlon 9117U"

published 01/10/2005 | mimi_solei
Member since : 30/09/2005
Pro Large chunky appliance, lots of accesories
Cons Does not do the job and accessories are pretty useless
Ease of Use
Size

"And you call this a 'professional hairdryer'?!?"

Every girl wants to save money from salon blowdrys. We want to get that sleek silky finish at home (as well as save the £25).

When Revlon released this hairdryer I was hoping against hope that this would be the one to do it.

At £20 it cannot be called expensive for a hairdryer of its size. But then considering the general uselessness of this appliance, I'd rather have spent the money on something else. Allow me to talk you through each of the bits (look at picture)

BLOWDRYER. With 3 temperature options of cold, warm and hot, this is great for choice but then you find that some of it is a bit pointless. Why use 'cold' when you can use 'warm' to dry your hair without damaging it? If you have a cold air blaster, why have cold at all? The strength of the air flow seems a lot weeker than a profession hair dryer. It seems average.

DIFFUSER: Does not work AT ALL. Left me hair limp and boring. If you have long hair, it isn't big enough so you spend AGES rolling your hair up into little strands.

HAIR BRUSH: JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURE would anyone who knows about blowdrying use such a brush???? Puh Lease. Revlon need to get their act together because for such a major brand this is pretty crap.

NOZZEL: It's too big to direct the air properly. In salons, they are barely slits. This one is huge and completely useless.

CLIPS: you get 4. They are so flimsy. They can't keep hair in place unless you stick something else in it (so why not just spend the money on better clips?) They are large so they can't hold up thinner hair (this happened when I tried to blow dry my friend's hair), they cannot hold up thicker hair because they are too weak. Result: they are useless.

I am very disappointed in this buy. This is NOT up to professional standards and I suppose I should have known from the price. The thing is bulky and difficult to take on trips travelling. For its size it does not generate enough power in its air stream.

DON'T BUY IT- save up and buy something else!!!

• belfin published 02/10/2005
    good points made here - my last buy was a babyliss 1600 which has lasted me for at least 6 years possibly more and it's still going strong.
  • Averilla published 02/10/2005
    Thanks for the warning. Av x
  • melodysparks published 02/10/2005
    I have a revlon hair dryer and I have had no porblems with it so fart (touch wood) but I only use it during the winter months as I try to let my har dry naturally when the weather is warmer and it stops the frizz. Chris