Review of "Revlon Colorstay Makeup"

published 17/07/2010 | daniella2010
Member since : 03/07/2010
Back to reviewing and really enjoying how friendly all old and new faces are!
Pro Lasts longer than most other foundations and is a reasonable price
Cons It does not last 16 hours and I still needed to touch up with powder
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal

"A foundation perfect for those oilier skins"

Revlon Colorstay Makeup

Revlon Colorstay Makeup

Why I bought this foundation?

I bought this foundation along with several others when nothing would combat oiliness in my t-zone. Out of six foundations from Clinique, Estee Lauder, Max- Factor, No 7 and others this was the only foundation that stayed on for more than 5 hours which is a real result for my skin. I always want to try the premium brand foundations but they always end up being a waste of money and I resort back to this foundation.
However the adverts of this foundation claim to it lasting for 16 hours! Which I have to say is a real con, there is no way it even lasted half that amount of time.

What does this foundation do?

Stops oiliness seeping through your foundation, It gives a natural moderate finish which is perfect for me and also contains SPF 15 which is great for protecting the skin in the summer.

The one I am reviewing here is for oily/combination skin however they do have the same foundation for normal to dry skin. Although this foundation as I stated is for oily/combination skin it doesn’t dry my skin out with excess use which is another flaw of many foundations for oilier skins.

Pros

The foundation comes in a wide range of colours (9 shades) from lightest to darkest they come as:

• Ivory- the lightest
• Buff – yellow undertone
• Nude – neutral undertone
• Sand beige – yellow undertone
• Natural beige – pink undertone
• Fresh beige
• True beige
• Natural tan
• Toast – the darkest

My skin is extremely fair and I tend to only be able to wear foundations that have a very neutral undertone or do not have an undertone at all. These are quite rare for light foundations because they tend to have a very pink undertone. Luckily for me ivory has a very neutral undertone, yet it is not such a porcelain colour to make me look ill. It is just right.

The foundation goes on with a flawless finish with a foundation brush or sponge.
Also as the name of this foundation states: it is a long wearing foundation and the colour does not get darker throughout the day as oil seeps through the foundation (this is a classic flaw of many foundations- but not this one!)

It is a reasonable price RRP: £11.99 for 30ml. And there are usually many offers on throughout the year on Revlon like 3 for 2 in the major stockists like Boots and Superdrug which makes this foundation very cheap.

Cons

The only disappointment was that I did need to touch up with a mattifying powder after 5 hours of wear and I still needed to wear a concealer. However this is probably because I have been used to wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which is extremely heavy (like a mask) so I think any foundation I try now would seem to have too light a coverage.

Would I recommend it?

I definitely would recommend this foundation, overall it is a great buy because it is half the price/third of the price of the premium brand foundations and it lasts for much longer.

• Alyson29 published 06/03/2011
    Well reviewed. I don't think I've ever used a foundation from Revlon x
  • hayleigh_18 published 12/08/2010
    That's also the case with myself; I'm used to using such a full-coverage foundation that I would probably find too many faults in one that was any less coverage/lighter!
  • MizzMolko published 08/08/2010
    I've looked at this one before and nearly bought it...I think I might have to in the future! Eleanor x