Review of "Revlon Colorstay Makeup"

published 07/10/2011 | twiglet11twiglet11
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Lasts all day, Good Price, Good for dry skin...
Cons The glass packaging, makes it hard to get the last drop of foundation out...
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Have I Found My Perfect Foundation?"

Revlon Colour Stay foundation- Normal/ Dry Skin:
My Colour- 110 Ivory
• SPF 15
• 30ml

Use

I brought this Revlon Colour Stay foundation about two months ago now. I choose it because of the good reviews in which I had read. You can buy this foundation for different skin types. There is one that is supposed to be suitable for oily skin (which I have not tried) and there is one suitable for normal to dry skin. I have the normal to dry skin foundation in the colour Ivory.

I have found that this foundation is light enough to wear everyday but also covers all my imperfections for nights out too.

Colour

There is about 10 colour choices to choose from. I have the lightest which is Ivory 110. My skin is naturally pale, especially at this time of year. This colour matches my skin really well.

Coverage

This foundation gives me good coverage and helps to hide redness in my skin. This foundation also works well over spots to help reduce their appearance. Coverage lasts all day.

Texture/Feel

This foundation feels light on application. I only need a little bit to cover my whole face because of the lightness of it. This foundation feels light on my face and throughout the day I do not feel it on my skin.

Lasting Performance

This foundation states that it lasts up to 16 hours. I don’t think I have even worn it that long before. If I apply this foundation in the morning than it still looks great after work and I don’t feel like I need to reapply any if I am going straight out after work. I think that this foundation lasts really well, compared to a lot of foundations that I have used.

How I apply

After washing my face in the morning, I use a SPF moisturiser on my face. I let my moisturiser sink in for at least 10 minutes. I than apply Gosh Primer to my whole face and then wait 5 minutes to let it sink in a bit. I then apply my foundation by tipping a small bit of foundation on to the back of my hand. I apply this foundation using my fingers because I feel that this is easiest. I start from the centre of my face applying the foundation out wards. After I have applied my foundation I dust a really small amount of powder over my face and then apply some blusher.

I do not reapply powder over this foundation throughout the day because it makes it go patchy. My skin does not appear to look shiny throughout the day because it tends to get really dry rather than oily.

Packaging

This foundation comes in a glass bottle, this makes the foundation look more expensive than it actually is. However, I am not sure that I like having my foundation in a glass bottle because it is easy to pour too much foundation out of the bottle and it is really hard to get it back in after doing this, therefore sometimes some foundation is wasted. It is also hard to get the last drop of foundation out of the bottle.

Price

I paid £8.99 for my foundation from the cheap smells website. This price also included packaging. In Boots this foundation costs £12.99, so it is better value if you purchase it online. I would recommend going to boots to test the foundation colour so that you get a good match.

Value

I think this foundation is good value, especially when buying it for £8.99 from cheap smells because you get 30ml of foundation. I have had my bottle of foundation for about 2 months now and I still have some left. It is hard to tell how much is left from looking at the outside of the bottle because the foundation sticks to the sides. I use this foundation five or six days a week. I think that it is really good value for money because it is very good quality.

Recommendation

I would recommend this foundation because it is the best foundation that I have ever used, especially for this price. I really like the fact that Revlon cater for different skin types. I have the normal to dry foundation and it lasts well on my skin. (Some foundations have made my skin feel drier and have irritated my skin) I get no irritation from using this foundation. I remove this foundation by washing my face with my face wash and than using a face wipe to remove any last traces. This foundation does not appear to transfer onto my clothes or hands once applied.

I would give this foundation 4.5 star because the glass bottle can be a bit of a pain. I think I may have found my perfect foundation!

This review will also appear on other sites...

• twiglet11twiglet11 published 09/10/2011