Review of "Revlon Colorstay Makeup"

published 11/01/2012 | sparkleofbeauty
Member since : 08/01/2012
Hi! Welcome to my profile. I'm open to any tips or comments since I'm new in getting started. I also have a dooyoo account with the same username: sparkleofbeauty
Pro full coverage, controls oil, smudgeproof, many shades
Cons matte finish (varies by person), thick, can look cakey, no pump
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Colorstay Really Stays!"

There are 2 formulas for this foundation, oily/combo and dry skin. I got the oily/combo version as I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone. The oily combo has 20 different colors; I got natural beige which matches my NC30 skin pretty well. You can get this at any drugstore for about $10, which is fairly priced for a drugstore foundation that contains 1 fl. oz/30 ml of product. In the UK, it is about £12 and can be found at superdrug.

Packaging:
The foundation comes in a clear heavy glass bottle with a black screw on cap. I like that it's glass and that it's clear, but I wish it came with a pump so I wouldn't have to pour it on the back of my hand every time I use it.

Formula:
The foundation is VERY thick, which I don't like because it is easy to get a cakey face using this. It also smells like paint, which doesn't bother me at all and is not noticeable unless you directly sniff it.

Performance:
This foundation has a matte finish, therefore it is better for oily skin rather than dry.
It's oil control is amazing! I usually have to blot 1-2 times a day, but now I can go throughout the day without blotting once.
This is a medium/full coverage foundation so it really evens out the skin tone and covers any acne, blemishes, or scars, but find that it looks cakey. I prefer light/medium coverage so I use a damp sponge to apply the foundation to sheer it out and make is less cakey. Spraying your foundation brush with water also works.
The lasting power is also amazing! It lasts all day from the early morning to the late night when I take it off and even then it is a little hard to remove. It is smudgeproof, so if I hug someone the foundation won't come off.

I was glad I tried this foundation, but I prefer a lighter coverage.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrate, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40 B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Serica (Silk Powder) (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower (Orchid) Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquiox​ane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 11/01/2012
    Hi and welcome to ciao! Some really good tips and info here, I'd just say that as this is a British site you should probably give the British prices and places it can be bought in the UK. Look forward to reading more of your reviews!