Richard B. Pelzer

Richard B. Pelzer

Review of "Richard B. Pelzer"

published 25/08/2007 | DixieChick10
Member since : 14/08/2007
Site seems to be as crap as always. Looks like I won't be back this summer or ever. After a year away, I can truly say, I really don't care now. :P
Good
Pro gives you information about Richard Pelzer
Cons dont know.
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to other works by the same author?

"A Brother's Journey- About Richard Pelzer"

When I first read Richard Pelzers book I couldn't help but feel that he saw what reaction his brother got from 'A Child Called It' and decided to make a fortune himself, but as you read the book you see what he went through because David wasn't there.

He was born in 1965 Daly City, San Mateo County, California and was number four of five sons. His books are all about the abuse he recieved from his mother when his older brother David was taken away by the authorities, but unlike David, Richard never was taken away by them and had to suffer with that abuse for most of his childhood.

There has apparently been a big fued between Richard and his brother because David's said he's making it all up, just for the money, but Richard's defended himself saying he'd rather give all the money to charity, that's where me and my brother are diffrent.

He's managed to release two big sellers "A Brothers Journey" & "A Teenagers Journey" in my opinion they are worse than "A Child Called It" because he sufferd for much longer, but because I read "A Child Called It" first that book chills me to the bone everytime I read it.

All books by all authors are very chilling, especially coz the authorities ignored it. They managed to get David out after years of abuse, but why didn't they take the rest of the children from the mother, why wasn't she sectioned, why did Richard have to suffer for so many years?

Richard Pelzer may not be one of the best authors I've ever read but because he writes about his life, you become absorbed in the story. I cried a lot in both of his books.

I've also heard a rumour that Richard Pelzer committed suicide in July of this year, but haven't found the evidance to back me up. If that is true, even though he shows a front towards his mother's abuse you see that it affected him over 40's later.

Hope this helped.