Review of "Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish"

published 24/07/2015 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro fast work
Cons not easy to tidy up, as they dry too fast!
Price
Chips Easily?
Features

"Stop licking my fingers, it's not REALLY a chocolate fountain!"

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish

My favourite Rimmel 60 Second nail varnish is 540 chocolate fountain. The claim to fame with this style of Rimmel polish is that it will be dry in 60 seconds.

Price
I have picked up these polishes in the pound shop before now but they are not expensive when bought in the normal cosmetic shops anyway.

In use
I always apply a base coat to prevent the nail from staining and I have a few that I use, mainly an OPI one which I will be reviewing soon. The base coat also provides a smooth base to paint on top of. I apply two coats of the brown coloured polish and then a top coat to make it extra shiny although the drying time is quite fast so top coat is not essential.

My thoughts
I really like the quality of the Rimmel 60 second nail varnish, it goes on quite thick and two coats provides a solid colour. Also of note is the slightly wider brush you get with these polishes. It means you get a quicker application and somehow it works out neater around the cuticle especially as this can be harder with a darker colour.

Conclusion
For the price these nail polishes are really good value for money. You get a lovely colour from chocolate fountain and I have had so many compliments on my nail colour today it's been unbelievable! I think they last pretty well too. It has a bit of a built in shimmer but it is very subtle and only detectable in certain lights. I would most certainly recommend the Rimmel 60 second polish as they look lovely on, perform well and are easy to apply.

• mousy86 published 26/07/2015