Review of "Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick"

published 13/02/2012 | Reviewer88
Member since : 13/02/2012
Pro Great Packaging, perfect texture
Cons Doesn't last as long as is promised
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Instant glamour in a tube of pure magic"

A good lipstick is the one make up product every girl needs. It can instantly change your look, whether you go for bold and feisty red, pretty girl pink, brave black or natural and nude. Saying that though, it is hard to pull off any of those colours so the decision to choose which one to buy must be done wisely!! I'm always on the look out for a nice lasting and outspoken lipstick. One that looks good on each wear and not just for the first, like some i have come across. When I saw a picture of Marilyn Monroe rocking the red recently, I decided I wanted to try a dramatic red myself!! Daring or Disastrous????

**Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick**

I came across this classic red shade by Rimmel when I was on the hunt in Boots. It was the packaging that attracted me instantly. The bright pink metallic cover looked chic, feminine and daring. Like a child with a new toy, I was drawn right in and didn't look at any other lipstick in the store. I would have purchased on looks alone. That saying "Never judge a book by it's cover", is useless when it comes to me and make up. I was sold, there and then. Time would only tell if this was a decision I would regret.....

I paid 6.95 for my new buy. Actually quite inexpensive for a good brand of lipstick but I would have paid so much more and not realized, that's how obsessed I was with the shiny pink cover. Did someone say magpie??

Red Fever was the name of the shade I picked up. Post research showed Georgia May Jagger rocking the same colour on a red carpet.... proving red fever quite apt I'd think!! To be honest I was quite nervous as to how red it actually was. I'd never done a bold red before. In fact I'd shied away from it purposely. The lipstick did come in other shades, but none as bold and daring as this radiant red. There was pinks and even orange-esque shades on offer also...for the more daring divas out there I would suspect.

I applied mine without lip liner as I didn't want to overdo it and I was already nervous enough I'll have you know. I was perfectly ecstatic though.... perfect texture. This was -dare I say it- the mattest of the matte. It wasn't too dry, wasn't too greasy, wasn't too shiny, wasn't too dull. My goodness, perfection. It lights up your face and adds perfect glamour to any make up look.

As with soooo many other brands out there, Rimmel promise you long lasting wear. Over eight hours if I recall correctly. I din't find that it lasts all night as perfect as when it was firstly applied. I had too re apply it twice to get the same wow effect. Then again though, I'm not sure many lipsticks could pass that test. I mean if your on a night out, you are talking, drinking, kissing??? That's a lot of lip action and a lot of damaging effects to your beautiful lipstick. So I wouldn't expect a 100 pound lipstick to last all night.

Overall I got my miracle effect. The red lipstick I wanted that adds a bold touch of glamour to your look and gives you luscious lips. Perfection in an awesomely magical tube ;)