Review of "Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eyeshadow"

published 29/06/2012 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Nice range of colours & really gives eyes a lift
Cons None for me
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Rimmel Glam Eyes Eyeshadow Quad"

When it comes to make up, I tend to use a lot of items from the Boots Number 7 range but I do have products from other ranges too. I quite like the Rimmel range as I think their products are of a decent quality but without being overly expensive and one product of theirs that I own is their Glam Eyes Quad Eye shadow Set.

Rimmels glam eyes range is quite expensive and you can purchase eye shadows in single colour, trios and quads but I went for the quad as I like to blend a couple of colours together at times and this set makes it easy to do that.

You can get the quads in a range of different shades including greens, blues, browns, naturals, purples etc so there is a quad that suits everybody. I don’t tend to experiment much with colour when it comes to make up and more often than not I tend to go for naturals that enhance a look but don’t leave me looking too false or made up.

The set I purchased was called smoky brown and featured quite a dark brown, a medium brown which had a golden tinge to it, a lighter brown and a very pale, natural creamy colour. The four colours are triangular shaped and fit together as a rectangle. The colours don’t sit together so you can easily keep the colours separate without one blending into another if you so wish. I like to blend the colours together as said so this isn’t an issue for me. This is quite a versatile little set in my opinion as it gives you eye shadow options which are suitable for both day and evening wear.

I tend to use the two medium brown colours for everyday use as they are quite natural looking. The one as said, does have a slight golden/bronze look to it but it is perfectly suitable for daywear as it gives quite a subtle finish on the eyes, as does the other medium brown. They don’t make you feel too made up but give your eyes a bit of colour and a bit of a lift. Each colour has a little bit of shimmer to it (hence the Glam Eyes name) so your eyes have a little bit of sparkle too which is nice.

I personally leave the other two colours for eveningwear. The dark brown one in particular is good in this sense as you can really blend it and it gives a nice smouldering, smoky look to the eyes which can look quite sexy with the right make up accessories complimenting it. The lightest colour is the one I use least, purely because my skin tone is so light anyway that I can almost look ghost like with this one. With a bit of a tan though in summer months, this one can really compliment the eyes as it has a little bit of sparkle to it so again, with the right clothing and make up to go alongside it, this colour can really highlight the eyes nicely, though I would say this one is the least natural looking so if you do like the ‘made up’ look then this one could be for you.

As for the performance of the eye shadows themselves, they are pretty good I have to say. I apply first thing in the morning and although faded, it is still noticeable after work so to be honest, you can’t ask more than that from an eye shadow. If you want your eyes to look as good and fresh all day as they do in the morning though, I would recommend reapplying around lunch time as this is around the time it starts to fade a little.

Within the little pot, you do get a double ended applicator and so far, the sponge ends haven’t come off which is a problem I have experienced in the past so it is a well made applicator and the colours themselves hold together well too. Even if you get a little rough in trying to get a decent amount of colour onto the applicator, the colour doesn’t crumble in the pot and although my set is pretty worn down now, there is still a bit of each colour left and they are all perfectly intact.

The cost of this set is £6.99 from Boots which I don’t think is too bad. No, it is not cheap but you do get four colours within the set so it does last well and it is a good quality set. Overall this is a really good eyeshadow quad set and therefore it comes with a recommendation from me.

• pinky50 published 29/06/2012
    I like eyeshadows that blend well, I like the quads because you can experiment with all of the colours which are designed to go together using which are your favourites which suit your eyes, thanks hun, nice review x