Review of "Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Polish"

published 20/10/2010 | chloesaysrelax5
Member since : 20/10/2010
Pro Does exactly what it says on the tin and great price! Maxi-brush to ensure easy application
Cons Not great for narrow nails as the brush is quite broad
Chips Easily?
Features

"Rimmel Lycra Pro nail polish- a Godsend for my fingertips!"

Although I am partial to spending large amounts of money on 'highly pigmented' eye shadows that promise the consumer the world in a pot, I do love the make up counter at my local chemist. For years I have relied on Rimmel as a brand to supply me with the best mascaras (as far as I'm concerned) at a fraction of the cost of a designer mascara with a flux capacitor attached to the wand to make your eyes look ten years younger!

As well as great mascaras, Rimmel too create an extensive range of nail polishes. I am always spoilt for choice at the rainbow of glass bottles. However, the best nail polish isn't necessarily the prettiest or the most expensive.

I decided to try Rimmel Lycra professional finish in 317- Coral Romance. I loved the colour and had struggled to find a coral polish that would match the approval of my favourite glossy magazine and suit my pale skin tone. The trademark Lycra signature on the bottle made me feel at ease too!

After applying the first coat I was instantly impressed. Unlike the usual watery excuse for a 'base coat' that most nail polishes deliver, this product actually went on like it said on the tin! The 'maxi-brush' allowed quick and easy application with no smudges around my cuticles. Out of habit, I went on to apply a further two coats to achieve the maximum vibrancy of 'Coral Romance'. Needless to say I was delighted. My polish remained chip free for three days, which is amazing considering how hands on my day to day activities are.

I consider this product to be a must-buy and definitely deserves another look in your chemist. I will be stocking up on my winter pallet in due course.

• Frannybooboo published 23/10/2010