Review of "Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Polish"

published 20/11/2011 | AliceinWonderland301
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Even colour, easy to apply, dries quickly
Cons Chips before it's meant to
Chips Easily?
Features

"Professional painting!"

I very much like the look of long, bare nails, and often aim to get them myself, so while they are in the process if growing, I mask them with a coloured nail varnish. However, I am probably the furthest away from a professional at nail painting than anyone I've ever come across, and love when a nail varnish doe the job for me like this one.

*Packaging*
The nail varnish comes in a glass bottle like any other, with Rimmel's Lycra Pro nail varnish logo covering the pot. The maxi brush is the main attraction, however. Their brush has been improved for a 'mistake free application' which I agree it certainly gives. The brush is curved at the end, so it fits the nail bed easier and can glide upwards from there, without hooking over at the end and leaving stains of nail polish on your fingertips. It is a very wide brush, and usually only takes me 3 strokes to get a perfect coverage - one centred, and one either side. This is definitely a helping hand for speed and ease of application!

*Product*
I have been using the nail varnish in a shade Night Flight, which is a gorgeous gothic purple, perfect in winter and as a colourful alternative to black. The colour once applied to the nail looks very solid and smooth, and can be given a second coat to appear darker, but I never find this necessary. The polish itself has a silky feel, not too thin or gloopy, and gives a good layer of coverage after just one coat. The professional finish claim is certainly lived up to, as the varnish blends to create one colour, without streaks or unevenness. As for the promise that it won't chip for up to 10 days, it falls a little short in this area, as mine only lasted 5 days or so before it began to chip off. However, it dries very quickly and only requires a thin coat to give full colour.

*Price*
The retail price I purchased this bottle at was £4.99, and for the beginners brush and quality of nail polish, I would say this is a justified price. It also comes from a known brand, Rimmel, so I was happy to purchase this with no doubts as to the quality.

*Overall*
A great nail varnish that can be applied with ease thanks to the brush and gives a solid, uneven colour. It does chip a bit early, but for 5 whole days it stayed glossy and full of colour. The price is nothing to sniff at either!