Review of "Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara Extreme Black"

published 14/08/2014 | shellyjaneo
Member since : 18/08/2013
So no more bonus and only selected categories will get you premium fund. I guess Ciao will soon be following DooYoo :(
Pro Huge looking lashes, easy to apply, reasonably priced
Cons Runs easily
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"My all time favourite Mascara"

I have reviewed both the Extreme black and the black Scandaleyes Mascaras as I have both and there are important differences between the two. Parts of the reviews will be the same but other parts are different.

Price and Availability:

Rimmel is one of the biggest make-up companies around and their products including this one are widely available from Boots, Superdrug and most supermarkets for around £6.99.
The extreme black is available on eBay from £4.89 with free P&P

Packaging:

This comes in a sort of bullet shaped tube with a V shape carved out of the lid, the lid has the Rimmel logo engraved into the top of it.
The extreme black has a black tube with orange metallic text stating ‘Volume Flash’ ‘Scandaleyes’ ‘Mascara extreme black’ and it has a bright orange lid.

In use:

This is my favourite mascara without a doubt, in second place is Scandaleys black which I have reviewed separately.
The wand is huge and looks quite strange when you first pull it out, it is straight but a triangle shape. It is much bigger than your average mascara wand and seems to have a lot more bristles that are tightly packed together. It does look a bit intimidating, and originally made me think I was going to poke my eye out with it, but it is surprisingly easy to use, especially as it has the smaller end so you can get the tiny lashes in the corners.
This goes on easily and dries quickly so it is easy to put a few coats on but what I really love about this mascara is that you don’t have to. This gives such an intense black and full lash look, that one coat works really well. I don’t think I can say the same for any other mascara I have tired, and I have tried loads of mascaras in the past as I have really small eyes and short lashes.
I will say the look you achieve with this is not subtle but hey who wants subtle, it lengthens and thickens the lashes, and separates them well which is surprising given the bushiness of the wand.
This is not waterproof so obviously you need to be careful if you are out in the rain etc, it will run right off your face, but I think it is a risk worth taking for such a good look. It is also very easy to remove when you want to with make-up remover or simply soap and water.

Overall
This gives the best look of any mascara I have tired, it is really well priced, gives definition, volume and length. It’s only downside is that it isn’t the longest lasting mascara on the market but I will still have to give it 5 stars as it is the only mascara I have found that really does what it says it will, and at the end of the day that’s the important thing.

• catsholiday published 15/08/2014