Review of "Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation"

published 01/05/2015 | basketofbuttons
Member since : 08/08/2012
why cant I post a review - it's gone weird x
Pro Good coverage, great price
Cons None
Length of Coverage
Price
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Great foundation"

As I have such pale skin I have to be really very careful about which type of foundation I use, as it's very easy to look too 'made up' and overdone. One of my favourite foundations at the moment is Rimmel London Stay Matt. This is also suitable for sensitive skin and those of us with uber pale complexions. The product comes in a squeezy plastic tube and costs £5.99 at Boots. It lasts ages and doesn't seem to go off or separate if I haven't used it in a while, as I tend to swap and change foundations and tinted moisturisers quite a lot. It comes in different shades and the Light Porcelain is the best one for my skin type.

This product is advertised as having 12 hours natural shine control and as I have an oily T-zone I thought this would work well for me. The consistency of this foundation is medium - neither too runny or thick and it gives quite a light coverage. I use pale Ivory as this suits my skin tone and colour and it blends well without leaving any tell-tale jaw line streaks behind.

It lasts all day long and I would have to agree that my oily T-zone is less oily when I use this foundation so in that respect it does a good job. It's quite a light and natural looking foundation and probably more like a tinted moisturiser than your standard thick foundation kind of look and for this reason I really like it, especially if I use it in the summer months when the weather is warmer, as it makes me feel less made up as it feels really light on my skin.

It comes off well with make up remover wipes and it does appear to be kind to my skin as I've never suffered from any reactions to it. It has little to no smell that I am able to detect and I am impressed with how long it lasts on my skin. On the downside, however, I have found that if I use this foundation on a daily basis, it actually has a tendancy to dry my skin out - even the oily T-zone area. For this reason, I choose not to use it every day, but probably about three times a week, maximum. It does erradicate any shine I have on my face but as it is quite a drying foundadtion, I also think it can have the tendancy to look a little 'flat' at times.

For the price I think this is a good make up product but I wouldn't advise using it if your skin is on the dry side as I think this would make the problem worse.

Overall, a decent foundation and not too expensive, but use plenty of moisturiser!

• Thehonesttruth published 08/05/2015
    VH
  • supersonic75 published 02/05/2015
    vh :)
  • Scotlass712 published 02/05/2015
    VH :-)

offers "Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation"