Review of "Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation"

published 13/07/2015 | emjaynehill
Member since : 29/06/2015
18-year-old girl with a passion for writing. Trying to catch up on my ratings with all my free time. Thank you for understanding.
Pro Covers spots, makes skin look perfectly shaded, covers dark under-eye circles, makes me confident,
Cons Not easy to remove
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Stay Matte Foundation: Brilliant, But Impossible to Remove"

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

As a teenage girl who suffers from spots and extremely light skin, I am having to constantly try different makeup to find the one that perfectly suits my skin and covers my spots - Stay Matte Foundation by Rimmel London is the only foundation I have used that has made me feel confident in my skin. Stay Matte does everything that a foundation should do:
  • Covers spots
  • Blends perfectly with skin
  • Stays on for quite a while
  • Look natural
  • Make you confident about your skin

In my experience, I have used Stay Matte for as long as I can remember after it was recommended to me, and I will never go back to any other foundation. When I am wearing my foundation I feel much more confident in myself, and in any other foundation I'm not so sure.

How It Could Be Improved

However, the only problem with Stay Matte isn't putting on the makeup or what happens after you put it on, it's taking it off that's the problem. I use two makeup wipes, more face wipes and then wash my face constantly and it still doesn't come of properly, causing my spots to break out even more. Also, after forcing my makeup off with so many makeup wipes, this causes my skin to sting, mainly just under my eyes.

I still don't regret buying the foundation, however it definitely could be improved by making it easier to remove. It lasts all day, and then is impossible to get off at night. Even though it appears like all the foundation is removed, rubbing your face causes more foundation to come off, even after scrubbing at your face for hours. Most of it is removed, but never all of it...

Conclusion

In conclusion, if difficulty to remove foundation is a deal breaker for you then I would not recommend this foundation - it can be frustrating, however from my point of view it's worth it because of the flawless look it gives your skin. It isn't extremely bad for your spots and if you have really good makeup wipes then perhaps it could be easier for you, but in my experience the inability to remove the foundation after putting it on is the only negative thing about Stay Matte.

• justarube published 11/01/2017
    VH
  • dee7778 published 16/07/2015
  • StewwyB published 15/07/2015
    if you put how much and where from, I'd be happy to upgrade to a VH...

offers "Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation"