Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Blackpool

Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Blackpool

Museum - Address: 5 &, Blackpool FY4 1EZ

Review of "Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Blackpool"

published 23/09/2016 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Satisfactory
Pro interesting things to see and read
Cons out-dated, took less than an hour to walk round, some areas are quite empty
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Out-dated and Not As Interesting as I Expected"

Toilet Roll Wedding Dress, Driftwood Horse and Carving out of a telephone book.

Toilet Roll Wedding Dress, Driftwood Horse and Carving out of a telephone book.

About Ripley’s
= = = = = = =
Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum is a museum featuring a unique collection of strange, unusual and extraordinary exhibits spread across eight themed galleries which is spread across two floors. There are hundreds of odd, unusual, strange and plain bizarre exhibits to see including a two headed calf, Authentic African Fertility Statues and more. Me and my boyfriend visited Ripley's in London around 4yrs ago and we enjoyed what we saw there so we decided to visit the one in Blackpool during a week's holiday there. We actually purchased a special wristband which included a number of different venues and this one was on there so we thought we would go and see what it was like as it was next to the Pleasure Beach which we also wanted to visit. My boyfriend's mother has never been here so we thought she would like to see it as well. Me and my boyfriend found the one at London really interesting and we weren't sure if the one at Blackpool featured anything different or if it was the same, we hoped that it may have been updated a little and that we would see some new things when visiting here. Ripley's is located along 'The Promenade' just a short walk from the 'Pleasure Beach'. We were able to

= = = = = =
Entrance Fee
= = = = = =
There are various saver tickets you can purchase if you are visiting Blackpool and its well worth checking these out as you can choose other attractions to visit as well when purchasing a saver ticket. I have listed the prices for this attraction alone below:
  • Adults - £6.00
  • Students - £5.00
  • OAP's - £4.00
  • Children - £3.00
  • Under 3's - Free

Inside Ripley’s
= = = = = = =
Where you pay for your ticket there are a number of things to look at such 'Lizard Man', 'The Gurning Man', the largest ball of string and more. After walking from the entrance area you will walk along what's like a wooden walk-way which has fake plants. There is a fertility statue in this area and also some other tribal things such as dolls and a coffin that they used to use for lots of different burials. The next room contains a turning model of the worlds 'Fattest Man' and you can read information about him. There is also information about various other people and things that are on display in this area. There are different themed items in each different room and you can read all about the items and what they are or what the things are used for. There is an area which is slightly dark and this contains some optical illusions which were quite fun. There are some steps inside the museum and didn’t see any lifts so this attraction may not be suitable for disabled users or people with push-chairs. The day we visited the attraction it was very quiet so we were able to walk around easily and spend time reading and looking at the different things. Some of the things are really fascinating and interesting and my boyfriend's mum found some things quite interesting. There is a section with funny mirrors which you can stand in front of and see yourself with really long or short legs. You can see a model of the world's 'Tallest Man' and see where you measure up against him on the chart. There is also a life-size cast of his hand as well which was huge. Near the end of the attraction just before you leave there is a walk-way which goes through a tunnel. The walk-way stays still but the tunnel goes round which gives you the feeling as though you are going to fall over. This did make me a little dizzy and my boyfriend's mother hated it and she kept gripping onto the handles to the side of the walkway so we weren't on it for very long.

= = = =
Facilities
= = = =
There are no toilets in this attraction. The nearest ones are at the Pleasure Beach.

= = = = = = = =
Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
This is quite a short review, but there isn't really a great deal to say about this venue as it wasn't that big and me and my boyfriend just weren't very impressed with it. To us, it seemed very out-dated and it didn't have things like the London Ripley's has. We were expecting to be in the attraction for at least an hour and a half, so we were surprised when we walked out from the tunnel to find that, that was the end of the exhibition. There are some interesting and fascinating things in here, but there just isn't enough and there needs to be a lot more in here. In some of the rooms it's very spacious and things are really spaced out so they could do with filling them up a little more. I did notice various old arcade machines in a few rooms which filled up some space but these were not free to play. To be fair the entry price wasn't too bad and I think it was reasonable for what was there but I don't think I would visit here again. We only really visited here for something to do on our last day in Blackpool and we also wanted to see how it compared to the London one. My boyfriend's mother had never been to one either so we wanted her to see what it was like. To be fair, she thought it was alright and very interesting but that probably is because she hasn't been to the London one. Although there are things to look at and see in here, I wouldn't personally recommend it as I don't think you are missing much by not going here.

= = = = = = = = =
Other Information
= = = = = = = = =
Address: Units 5 & 6 Ocean Boulevard, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, FY4 1EZ
Tel: 01253 341033 Ext.1286
E-mail: info@ripleysblackpool.com
Website: www.ripleys.com/blackpool

Picture Shows: Toilet Roll Wedding Dress, Driftwood Horse and Carving out of a telephone book.

• afy9mab published 27/09/2016
    Nicely done.
  • Secre published 27/09/2016
    Quite glad we didn't go here!
  • rolandrat123 published 26/09/2016