Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover

Review of "Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover"

published 15/04/2017 | sellerleygirl
Member since : 15/02/2015
♬ •♩ All we need is rates!! •♩ Everybody!!•♩ All we need is rates!! ♩ •♬
Pro Does what it says in the title
Cons Expensive - but worth it
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"Make rituals part of your make up removal ritual"

~*’Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover’*·~

~*’Introduction’*·~

When I was younger I used any old make up remover and it had no adverse effects on me; however, as I have got older I have found that I have really sensitive skin around my eyes, and I do tend to get really dry and itchy from some removers. I tried some removers made for sensitive eyes, but they didn’t seem to remove the eye makeup as well as I would have liked – so I rubbed harder resulting in me irritating the skin more!! About nine months ago, my daughter received a sample bottle of ‘Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover’ in one of her beauty boxes, and passed it on for me to try. I loved it, and eventually managed to find it in Debenhams– I had to pay around £10.50 for the bottle, but it does go a long way and It does the job perfectly.

~*’About Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover’*·~

The bottle of remover I bought from Debenhams was identical to my sample bottle – just bigger!
This 125ml bottle is around 6” tall and 1 ½” wide and is made from hard pale pink plastic with a silver screw cap, there is a delicate (and very pretty) white leaf design on it. The bottle has a small hole at the top, just tip the bottle upside down and shake for the product to come out, it does not come out too quickly so that you do not pour out too much remover at one time.
The liquid inside is in two parts, a liquid and an oil - you need to look closely to see the two layers as the colours are very similar, and it needs shaking well before use to combine both the elements, the liquid is a clear and has no odour. It also removes waterproof mascara and lip products.
A 30ml sample bottle costs £4.50 and a 125ml bottle is £10.50.
~*’Rituals and Their Ethics’*·~

Rituals Cosmetics is a Dutch company that started in a single store in Amsterdam in 2000. It is now available worldwide through websites, stores, hotels and airports and has over 400 products that are all inspired by ancient Eastern tradition and philosophy. All of their suppliers are required to comply with strict standards, including a no-tolerance policy regarding forced and child labour and they expect their suppliers and their affiliates to treat their employees with respect and dignity.
They make it their priority that their products are not tested on any animals and don’t allow their suppliers do this either. Instead everything is tested on human volunteers and all their products are suitable for vegetarians.
Visit their website for more details about their philosophy, sustainability and charitable giving.
(www.rituals.com)

~*’Ingredients’*·~

While these mean nothing to me, other than sounding like a chemistry lesson, I feel it important to add the ingredients in case they may contain something that is an irritant to other people.

AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISOHEXADECANE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER WATER, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA LEAF WATER (HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) LEAF WATER), SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLUCONOLACTONE, PPG-15 STEARYL ETHER, SODIUM BENZOATE, DISODIUM EDTA, OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL (OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL), BENZYL ALCOHOL, ORYZA SATIVA BRAN OIL (ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN OIL), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERIN, CALCIUM GLUCONATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, NYMPHAEA ODORATA ROOT EXTRACT.

~*’How to Use Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover’*·~

Because the oil separates in the bottle, you need to shake the bottle well before use. Then apply a small amount on a cotton wool pad or make up remover pad and press it onto your eyelid for a few seconds before wiping away with a few gentle wipes, there is no need for rubbing.
~*My Opinion’*·~

With a classic, almost spa-like appearance, this beauty product is easy on the eye in more ways than one. The formula is based on lotus water and rice bran oil and is just as refreshing on the skin as it is effective. My only problem with it is getting enough drops from the bottle, it does flow slowly - but this only means it lasts me longer!
Like a lot of makeup removers Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover doesn't leave an oily texture to your skin - you wipe and go, and it doesn't sting my eyes. A few drops on a cotton pad and within one minute all my makeup off.

This comes highly recommended from me.
~*’Buying Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover’*·~

This is not a product that is found easily, however if you go you the Rituals website (www.rituals.com) or get the free App, you can order direct from there (orders over £20 are free all other orders are £2.99) £10.50 for 125 ml bottle and £4.50 for the 30ml sample bottle; there is also a list of stores that sell their products, these include M& S and Debenhams. You can also buy this product from E Bay or Amazon – but do watch E Bay as some of the prices are VERY expensive, currently (April 2017) it will cost you £10.50 on Amazon.

~*’And Finally ‘*·~

While £10 may seem a lot of money for this eye makeup remover, it does last a while and it really is effective, so to my mind is worth the money. I really do love this eye makeup remover, and it is the only one that I would buy now. It really is mild as it claims in its name and yet is still effective in removing makeup
Rituals Mild Eye Make-Up Remover is gentle on the eyes but tough on makeup.
~*’Pictures ‘*·~

1. The 30ml sample bottle
2. The standard bottle
3. Close up of bottle
4. Top of bottle
5. Liquid is transparent on cotton pad
6. Now you see it – now you don’t
7. Cotton pad after use

Thanks for reading, I hope that you have found this review useful

~*’ © Sellerleygirl April 2017‘*·~