Ritz the Original Snack Cracker

Ritz the Original Snack Cracker

Crackers

Review of "Ritz the Original Snack Cracker"

published 01/04/2011 | K2705
Member since : 02/10/2009
Thank you for all the reads and rates, I will return all rates asap. I review a lot of Childrens products and toys, there will be a lot of Thomas the Tank Engines reviews.
Satisfactory
Pro None really
Cons Greasy and leave a nasty after taste
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Ritz Crackers"

When I was in Tesco last week I bought a box of Ritz crackers, I hadn’t had any of these for years and I thought they would make a change. Ritz crackers were first introduced by Nabisco in 1934. They were named after Ritz-Carlton because it " conjures up the image of wealth and glamour". Personally I’ve never thought of these little crackers as glamorous but there you go.

The box of crackers I bought were £1.06 for a 200g box. The box is mainly bright red with Ritz written in the centre of a blue circle in large letters. There are crackers down one side of the box and the GDA's at the bottom left hand side. The back of the box shows a couple of serving suggesting and on the side you will find the ingredients which are clear to read and a more detailed chart of nutritional values.
I wont list all these but 8 crackers are 123 calories and contain 6,5 grams of fat.

When I opened the box I found the crackers were sealed in a clear polythene bag. I opened it and took a sniff, the crackers have no real distinctive smell, they really just smell like savoury biscuits. Ritz crackers are salted on one side, they are quite small about 4cm's across and they have a fluted edge. Ritz are a tempting golden brown colour and when you pick one up they do actually have a greasy feel to them.

Now I remember Ritz from when I a little girl. We used to have them at Christmas time and I always remember thinking they were a real treat, with these fond memories in mind I picked a cracker from the box and took a bite. The Ritz crackers are crunchy and have a lovely light flavour about them but they are no where near as salty as they used to be. I’m not saying this is a bad thing as we all know too much salt isn’t good but unfortunately, in my opinion, without the salt these crackers are bland. The best way to eat them would be with a topping on them, cheese for example, but I just wanted to nibble on them as they were. Apart from the blandness they also left a nasty after taste of vegetable oil.

Over all my opinion of these snacks is not good. They have lost any real flavour they once had and are far too greasy. I was disappointed and wont be buying them again.

• Wickedinrock published 04/04/2011
    Great review - I love the saltiness!
  • SweetTooth93 published 03/04/2011
    Not had these in a while...they were always WAY too addictive due to the saltiness so maybe it would be easier to eat a reasonable portion size now!
  • MrBrightside1987 published 02/04/2011