River of Gods - Ian McDonald

River of Gods - Ian McDonald

Fiction - Science Fiction - ISBN: 1591025958, 0743404009, 0743256697, 0743256700

Review of "River of Gods - Ian McDonald"

published 19/10/2007 | amylovelace
Member since : 18/10/2007
I love being lazy!!!
Pro 100% Unique and extremely imaginative
Cons Can be quite hard to read at first
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability

"It is my no1... it will be yours too!"

This is my ultimate no1 favourite book EVER!!!

It is quite hard to read at first but you will be rewarded with it's completely unique storyline!

This book suggests a scientific explanation for the existence of multiple gods - Hinduism.

Based in India in 2043 - this book questions what may happen when artificial intelligence becomes too intelligent.

The complexity lies mostly with the strange language used in the book - you may find yourself referring to the glossary a lot - the terminology used is called Angreez: "a hindi-isation of Elglish" - glossary.

If you are interested in quantum physics and multiple dimensions then you will love the concept behind this book!

I have studied a lot of Physics and found it very plausible - which is very unusual for sci-fi!

You can tell that a lot of research has gone into this book!

As a consequence of this book I also purchased two more earlier books by Ian McDonald and found them also very good: Ares Express and Desolation Road. They are both based on Mars and are a more standard sci-fi read.

It is shocking that this author does not get more credit for his work. You may have difficulty finding his books in the usual shops.

Ian McDonald is vastly under-rated!

• Jake_Speed published 21/09/2011
    fab
  • tune57 published 20/10/2007
    Sorry again for the low rating, but I feel it lacks information. Take a look at some of the other book reviews for an idea of how much detail is needed for higher ratings. If you want to update this I will be happy to re rate it if you send me a message in my GB
  • Carolina_Moon published 20/10/2007
    I will have to read it soon