Review of "Robert Jordan"

published 18/09/2007 | l33t-krew
Member since : 16/09/2007
Pro Epic tales, detailed yet not boring, great characters and substained plots
Cons Not at the moment, though some might not like the style and small print
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability

"Robert Jordan"

What a brilliant writer. To be honest there is not much to say :D

I have just started in the past couple of weeks, to dig into his works.

And my are they brilliant. They are extremely extertaining and engrossing and I can honestly say that he is now one of my favorite authors. Though he has been compared to Tolkien, I have to say that he is different.

Not in a bad way at all. I personally feel that Tolkien was to detailed and due to his pickiness on how elves did this and that, he bogged his epics down.

Not so with Jordan. The writing is to the point and most of all is extremely fun to read and his wheels of time books are the best :)

The characters are likeable, with human flaws we can all relate to. Not only that but the plot never becomes thin and unpalatable. And thats 11 books.

He keeps his books clean, with no explict sexual references and the violence is not horrificly gory, yet effortlessly conveys the combat and the different styles of the different races in his books.

I personally love the fact that there are 11 books in the wheels of time. I hate series that come to an end after 3-4 books. Here they will last you yonks of time with the books ranging from 800-1000 pages long.

Thats some serious reading people!

I hope you enjoy this review, and pick up a copy of his books the next time you see him. For the price you are not going to get better lasting entertainment.

For reference, if you like David Eddings etc this is the man for you ^^

Since some people have asked, his strength is in the fantasy section. Even if you dislike this genre, it is worth it, for his insight into humans.

• DeniseKelly40 published 18/09/2007
    What are the books about?

offers "Robert Jordan"