Robinsons Special R Apple and Blackcurrant

Robinsons Special R Apple and Blackcurrant

Flavour: Mixed Flavours

Review of "Robinsons Special R Apple and Blackcurrant"

published 25/05/2003 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Pro lots of flavours, good price, nice appearance
Cons too much water makes it horrible

"It Will Be A Refreshing Summer"

I have always loved Robinson's juice it has been with me my whole life and they have widened their range of drinks to appeal more to younger children but still the older among us love it. I loved it when Robinson's used to do offers with the drinks and you could save up tokens and get something free or they would do competitions it increases sales but also makes drinking more fun or maybe I am on my own with that thought.

The Robinson's bottles of juice cost about 90p each although I am not quite sure on the exact price, it depends where you buy it. They have many different flavours, I like the apple and blackcurrant flavour but there also other like orange, orange and pineapple, summerfruits which all taste very nice. They have drinks with sugar or with no added sugar which is more diabetic friendly.

This flavour is really nice the blackcurrant tastes really strong but there is a light taste of apple in the background. The juice is a red colour so I would say blackcurrant mostly dominates this drink. This is a nice blend of fruit though and the best out of the special R range.

The best way to drink it is not just straight from a bottle because it would be too sweet and it is diluting juice which obviously means water with it. You don't get told how much to add it depends on how how much original juice from the bottle you want to take. I hate it when too much water is added because the flavour is faint and it gives a horrible taste but you should slowly add water and take a little drink each time you add to see if it's just right.

Another great way of drinking this juice is to put some of the juice from the bottle in then to add boiling water because it will make the drink hot and it will taste really nice, well I prefer it this way. I think drinking it this way brings out the flavour more and most people usually associate this way of drinking with a bedtime drink but who cares.

The Robinson's juice is always easy to find on a shelf the arched green band with white lettering saying Robinson's and the picture of fruit with a nice background of a landscape. It makes the drink look really appealing with the calming background so this label probably means you will be in heaven while drinking or maybe I just got the wrong idea from the advert. As usual all nutrition information on the side. It's a clear bottle so you can see how much is left it is usually a 1 litre bottle.

They sometimes advertise in magazines and television and also they have lots out. They have the fruit shoots, high juice also they have cartons of juice so you can drink it any way you want it. The fruit shoots are in peach and blackcurrant flavours but I think these are mostly for children.

I love this juice and now that summer is coming up it's a great time to buy Robinson's because it's a refreshing summer drink with a lot of flavours to choose from.

This review was read 1938 times and was rated at

• KarenUK published 26/05/2003
    We like the High Juice (hubby & I) while the kids like the Fruit Shoots.
  • nikki1520 published 26/05/2003
    I like Robinsons too - except for the orange flavours, as I'm allergic to the E numbers in those. Good op :-)
  • Lizard_Lover published 25/05/2003