Review of "Rochas Mystere"

published 02/01/2001 | anneyo
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Sexy,subtle scent
Cons Discontinued
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"MYSTERY OF THE DISCONTINUED MYSTERE"

Over twenty years ago my boyfriend presented me with a gift of 'Mystere de Rochas' perfume. It was new at the time and firmly established itself as my new favourite.

It is a fairly subtle, but intense scent. Heady, with some initially sharp overtones. It settles down into a warm, sexy, rather alluring perfume, best appreciated in the evening!

The packaging is smart. Burgundy and black box, chic ovoid bottle with black stopper. It was, for me at any rate, Rochas at its best.

SO WHY IN HEAVENS HAVE THEY DISCONTINUED IT???

Great was my chagrin when I discovered it was to be no more. Because I don't buy perfume that often, it was too late to stock-pile any - even if I could have afforded it.

So, regretfully, 'Mystere de Rochas' was consigned to being one of my ex-favourites.

Do I have such a strange sense of smell that every perfume I really love gets discontinued? Or is this a function of age? Like friends dying as we get older, do perfumes also fade away?

• winx61 published 24/05/2007
    I'm a myster fan. It is not discontinued because I bought it three weeks ago on Ebay. Price very interesting. I like it very much, but I like Femme Rochas too. Bye
  • bongleboo published 06/10/2006
    I also like this and got some off Ebay! there is a god