Cleanser / Exfoliator - Cleanser

Review of "Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Beauty Vinegar"

published 05/12/2016 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Thank you everyone for all your reads and rates over the years and thanks Ciao for letting me be part of the community. Hope to see some of you on other sites, perhaps. xx
Pro Cleans well and improves the condition of your skin.
Cons A little bit expensive.
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"A Powerful Potion That Cares For Skin..."

My Introduction To The Product

I will be reviewing a sample version of this product but I will also provide details of the full sized retail version. I received my sample a few weeks ago (along with three complimentary samples from the same range) and I was, at first, quite befuddled by the product and it should be used. The term 'Beauty Vinegar' was a little confusing to me but I eventually figured out by searching online and reading the literature included with my sample that this was a make-up remover and toner product to be used after a soap cleanser and before applying skin nourishing products.

What Is It?

This product is actually part of a specially designed four step system called the 'Le Soin Au Mirabilis' ritual and invented by the brand 'Roger and Gallett'. It is advisable that you use all products in the range but it is not actually essential to do so. However, I have discovered that using one product along with other brands in a 'cleanse, tone and moisturise' regime can affect the potency of the Roger and Gallet product. The absorbency of the products into the skin is a particular problem which I have discovered when attempting to mix brands.

This 'Beauty Vinegar' is the second step of the ritual and the product can be used to remove any dirt, make-up or oils left on the skin that haven't been removed by using a soap cleanser. The product also helpt to tone and "refine" as well as "purify and refresh" the skin. The brand also state that this product helps to "eliminate dead skin cells".

Ingredients

The brand use the finest of ingredients in the formula of this product. It is comprised of 95% natural ingredients and it is paraben free. The product has also been dermatologically tested to ensure compatibility with sensitive skin.

The formula mimics those that were first distilled in the years leading up to the eighteenth century where the properties of plants were studied in greater detail by medical experts. This formula encompasses an amazing abundance of plants, all of which are known to have specific benefits for the skin. These plants (18 in total) include sandalwood, geranium, thyme, neroli, lavender, lemongrass, sweet orange and more. Many of the ingredients aim to provide soothing, healing and nourishment to the skin.

How To Use

This product should be used after first washing your face using a cream cleanser. It is preferable to use the Roger and Gallet 'Extra Fine Cleansing Mask' to wash your face although you can also use any other brand of cream cleanser. If you wear make-up it is advisable to find a good soap cleanser that will remove as much make-up as possible therefore reducing the need to use a lot of the 'Beauty Vinegar'.

After drying your face the product needs to be applied to a cotton pad or ball and then this should be swept across the skin. You can also go down your neck with this as part of the cleansing process. If the cotton pad appears to be particularly dirty after a full face sweep then a new pad should be used until no more make-up or dirt can be seen on the pad.

My Experiences Using The Product

The 'Beauty Vinegar' has a very watery consistency. It pours out of the bottle very easily and although it appears to be non-oily if you look at the liquid closely you can see there are small speckles of transparent oil bouncing around. The liquid soaks into a cotton pad well but it does not sink into the pad so much that it is ineffective if used in small amounts. In fact, I find that a small splash of this works perfectly.

The product is very efficient at removing any left over make-up and I find that it doesn't require repeated use very often. However, my results were better when I was first using the Roger and Gallet Extra Fine Cleansing Mask before hand. This cleanser tended to remove more make-up and dirt than my regular cleanser does. Unfortunately I ran out of the cleanser sample quite quickly so I was forced to use another brand. I find that more of the 'Beauty Vinegar' needs to be used if the soap cleanser used beforehand is not of a high quality.

The product has a mild aroma which reminds me of a fine but mild perfume. It is somewhat like champagne and flowers. It is a feminine fragrance that makes the product pleasant to use. The scent is similar to the other three products in the 'Le Soin Au Mirabilis' Range.

The product leaves a damp streak over the skin which dries almost instantly after use. After use my skin looks bright, cleaner and more youthful. It's difficult to describe the exact effect the 'Beauty Vinegar' has but it is almost as if the pores are deep cleaned and then shrunk! My whole face looks lighter and healthier after using this product.

After using this product the face is ready to be nourished either by oils, serums or creams. In the 'Le Soin Au Mirabilis' ritual it is advised to follow up with the 'Double Extract' and then the 'Legendary Cream'. I do find that the skin is so hydrated and well cared for after using the 'Beauty Vinegar' that a light application of serum is a good choice.
My Overall Opinion

I have absolutely loved using the sample version of this 'Beauty Vinegar' and would definitely buy the full sized retail version of this based on the results of my use. I think it's one of the most effective make-up removers I've used because it tones and treats the skin at the same time. It is not at all harsh and it leaves the skin feeling soft and looking clean and clear.

I'm in my late thirties and I've found that using the product has really improved the look and condition of my ageing skin so I would recommend this to older ladies.
Price and Availability

These products are only sold by certain retailers and there is a search facility on the Roger and Gallet website which allows you to locate independent chemists nearby your home. The products are also stocked at Marks and Spencer where a 200ml bottle costs £15. This is a bit expensive but I'd have to say that the price is totally apt given the effectiveness of this product.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 27/12/2016
    Very n ice
  • siberian-queen published 13/12/2016
    i think i would like to try this
  • 2mennycds published 08/12/2016
    Intriguing! E from me

offers "Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Beauty Vinegar"