Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Legendary Cream

Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Legendary Cream

Review of "Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Legendary Cream"

published 18/12/2016 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Hi, I enjoy writing and reading reviews. Thanks for your rates and comments. xx
Pro Softening, smoothing, makes skin radiant.
Cons Expensive.
How easily is it absorbed?

"A Super Skin Cream..."

My Introduction To The Product

I have only used the sample version of this product although I will provide information for the full sized version in my review. I was sent my sample in the post from this brand inviting me to try four products from a new range which they call the 'Le Soin Aura Mirabilis' collection. The products are all part of a four step skin care system designed to treat and care for your skin.

The Brand

This product is made by a company called 'Roger and Gallet'. They make a range of products such as perfume, body cleansers, face care items and skincare. They offer a selection of items for both men and women. The brand has been producing such items for over 150 years and are now considered to be one of the more exclusive brands available. The are a brand who commit to using a whopping 95% of natural ingredients in every product. All of their products contain "100% distilled precious essences".
The Claims

The brand claim this face cream "evens skin tone by protecting it against aging". They also state the cream helps to smooth out the complexion and bring a radiance and healthy appearance to the skin.

The product has been tested to ensure suitability with sensitive skins. It is also paraben free so there are no nasty, hidden dangers in the ingredients. The ingredients actually contain an impressive 18 plants whose qualities are believed to be beneficial for skin health. These plants include sandalwood, geranium, neroli, thyme, lavendin, lavender, lemongrass, sweet orange, damask rose and more. Each ingredient has distinct qualities. Many of the plants are said to help with the healing process so can offer a way to calm blemishes and clear up spots. Other plants in the list of ingredients have hydrating and moisturising qualities. A comprehensive list of the ingredients are listed on the brand's official website at this location:

How To Use

The brand actually recommend using this cream as part of the four step skin care ritual which they have designed. The other products in this range are the Extra Fine Cleansing Mask, The Double Extract and The Beauty Vinegar. These are all fancy terms for a soap cleanser, a make up remover/toner and an oil preparation. I think that the best results may come from using the cream along with all of the other products in the set but I don't think it's essential. The cream can be used on it's own or with other brand products that you normally use as part of your skin care regime.

The cream should be applied after cleaning, toning or preparing your skin. This is a cream that is suitable for using at night rather than in the morning. I don't believe it has any kind of sun protection factor so it is definitely something to use before bed as a way to treat skin rather than as a base for your make up through the day. I mention make-up as if this is a product exclusively for women although I do think it could be used by men too. However, I think that the product is generally targeted at women due to the anti-ageing claims and the promotion of this cream as something to enhance beauty. The fragrance of the cream is also slightly floral so this is probably more appealing to women too.

The cream can be smoothed into the skin with fingertips. When I first used this I was astonished at how smooth and silky the cream felt when I rubbed it into my skin. It does not require a lot of work to be absorbed and it quickly sinks into the skin. It does not feel greasy or thick and instead feels very fine and silky. I tend to target my fine lines in an attempt to halt the wrinkles or at least improve their appearance. The cream can also be applied to the neck. It is recommended to apply in a "criss-cross motion" although I see no benefit to doing this, personally.

The Results

The cream feels instantly soothing and softening. My skin looks plumper and more radiant. My skin tone looks more even. Although the cream doesn't miraculously remove wrinkles it does seem to tighten them up or somehow smooth them out so they don't look as defined! It's not my imagination, either, as since I ran out of my sample I've noticed my skin and my lines just doesn't look as good anymore!

I didn't think I had a huge problem with breakouts or uneven skin texture but when I started using this cream the difference, especially over my cheeks, was amazing. My skin looked smoother like an apple skin but now I've stopped using it I see that my cheeks have more of an orange peel look about them! So I can attest that the cream definitely improves the quality of your skin overall.

When using my sample of this product my skin also looked brighter and more alive. It can really help to liven up dull skin and to make you look healthier and happier. I think that my overall visage was definitely improved by using the cream. I should point out that I used this cream at the same time as I used the other products in the 'Le Soin Aura Mirabilis' range so this may have affected how well the product worked.
Price and Availability

The full sized version of this is available in a 50ml sized tub. You can buy it from select retailers including Marks and Spencer and John Lewis. A few independent chemists may also carry the range and you can search the official website for stockists nearby to where you live or shop. The 50ml jar costs £32 which does seem reasonably expensive. However, I do think this cream is very unique. I certainly haven't used anything like it before and I also have never had such good results from using a face cream either. I therefore feel that the price tag is entirely justified. I would definitely buy this in the future and I think it may be particularly useful if you are gearing up for a big event like a wedding as I think it can provide fast improvements in skin quality.

• liolia79 published 07/05/2017
    Brilliant review!!!!
  • EurekasLaw published 24/12/2016
    VH - well written review and enjoyed reading it.
  • olvfrncsc published 24/12/2016
    VH :)

offers "Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Legendary Cream"