Review of "Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange Fresh Fragrant Water Spray"

published 21/04/2017 | sellerleygirl
Member since : 15/02/2015
♬ •♩ All we need is rates!! •♩ Everybody!!•♩ All we need is rates!! ♩ •♬
Pro Delioghtful unisex summery fragrance
Cons Have to hide it from my son!!
Packaging
Fragrance
Soothing
Refreshing

"Bois d'Orange is thicker than water!"

Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange Fresh Fragrant Water Spray

Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange Fresh Fragrant Water Spray

.•*Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange Fresh Fragrant Water Spray *•.

.•*Introduction *•.

I did get quite spoilt this Mother’s Day – I received a new bird table, plants, flowers, chocolates and a little bottle of Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange Fresh Fragrant Water Spray.
This was something that I had never come across before, and to be honest – I wasn’t sure what a ‘Fragrant Water Spray’ was!

.•*About the Fragrance*•.

I had heard of Roger & Gallet before, but a ‘Fragrant Water Spray’ was completely new to me. This warranted some investigation!!
The manufacturers describe it as:

“Distilled precious essences with a well-being fragrance with woody scent. It allows you to rediscover the magic of an olfactory journey to the heart of an Andalusian garden under the shades of the orange trees.
The vibrant, sunny freshness of the leaves and fruit, the sweetness of the flower and the soft, woody fragrance of the orange tree, transports you."

It seems that this product is a fragrant water that can be worn in the sun, can be sprayed on your skin or clothes and is suitable for men or women and it was launched in 2009.

I read this as being a type of body spray that is especially good for the summer months

.•*Appearance*•.

This product looks very classy; mine is the 30ml sized bottle and comes in a box around 3 ½” tall and 1 ½ “square. The box is brownish/orange in colour and inside is a clear glass bottle with an etched design on it. The bottle is very classy and I can see how it could be designed for both men and women. The liquid inside the bottle is clear and the bottle was designed by Martin Szekely. The lid is a clear plastic, snap on lid and the gold atomiser top can be seen through the top.
.•*The Scent*•.

This product smells bright and natural, and without sounding crass, it really does make you think of walking through an orange grove.
With a product classed as a ‘Fragrant Water Spray’, I wasn’t expecting an expensive smelling fragrance - but that is what I got!
I would class this as ‘old school’ fragrance, it smells of mandarin/orange, orange blossom, mint, citrus bitter peels and woods with hints of ambergris.
The florals are not heavily distinct but they are gently present in the background, and come through occasionally – the main fragrances that come through are fresh orange peel and freshly cut woods. It does smell suitable for both men and women and is fresh, sweet and woody in a very elegant way.

This is a strong-smelling product but not overpowering and it settles down well almost immediately.
This fragrance is suitable for work, and day to day wear and would be lovely in the summer months as it is light and refreshing, but also it would be good during the winter months when you really need reminding of summer.

• Top Notes: Mandarin, Basil-Verbena, Mint

• Heart Notes: Bitter Orange, Orange Blossom

• Base Notes: Amber, Atlas Cedar, Rosewood

.•*Ingredients*•.

Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), Aqua, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Linalool, Citral, Geraniol, Propylene Glycol, Bht, Citronellol, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).
.•*Longevity*•.

After about 30 minutes of applying this water it develops into an almost sensual fragrance, and. lasts about 3 hours before I feel the need to reapply. It dries down really well and has a gorgeous warm classy citrusy smell that sits very close to the skin - if you want a stronger smell and more longevity you can spray it on your clothes and hair as well as skin. The citrus scent gradually fades throughout the day - this means that there is then no problem in using a more intoxicating scent for the evening if wanted

.•*Price*•.

This 30ml bottle will cost you Between £15 - £20; it is also available in 100ml and 150ml bottles; liquid hand soap, shower gel, hand cream, body lotion, dry oil spray and soap are also available in this fragrance.
See the website for more details: www.roger-gallet.com/en-gb/
.•*Do I Recommend*•.

I would recommend this easy to wear, light and breezy fragrance, it is not overpowering and could easily be used as an all year scent, however, I found it to be a real summery, ‘holiday’ type of fragrance and am keeping it for th better weather – although I did use it in that lovely week we had last week!
I would say that this fragrance would appeal to anyone (man or woman) who loves woody, citrus oriented or light natural smelling fragrances.
It is reasonably priced for such an expensive smelling fragrance – I do have one problem – I have to hide it from my son!!!

Thanks for reading, I hope that you have found this review useful
.•* © Sellerleygirl April 2017*•.

• euphie published 24/04/2017
    All out of e's, sorry
  • Username_Unavailable published 23/04/2017
    E! Love this brand
  • RICHADA published 22/04/2017
    Excellent scent review. R.

offers "Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange Fresh Fragrant Water Spray"