Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred D. Taylor

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred D. Taylor

Review of "Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred D. Taylor"

published 23/03/2004 | fizzz
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Great read, plenty of content for exams, historic detail.
Cons none!
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Wonderful book!"

Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry is set in 1930s USA. The story is based around the Logan family, who are a black family who farm cotton.

This book contains all that is needed for a good novel. The reader learns the history of the slave trade and it's after effects and sees through the fiction just how ordinary people from both the black and white communities were affected.

Although the novel is concerning the poor treatment of the blacks at this time in history, it is thoroughly believeable, and we meet both good and bad characters from both communities.

I read this book as part of my GCSE English Literature course, and I found huge quantities of content about which to write. I certainly recomment it, either as part of a course or as a book to read for pleasure. I have since bought 3 other books in the series as I enjoyed this one so much.

A final point: although this is described as a children's book it should be read by adults too!

• Karla13 published 23/03/2004
    I read this for English lit too. x
  • elkiedee published 23/03/2004
    I loved this book too. Luci
  • Rachey published 23/03/2004
    Like to read more about the storyline and characters.Read a few ops to see how much detail is needed for higher ratings............Rach

Product Information : Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred D. Taylor

Young Cassie Logan endures humiliation and witnesses the racism of the KKK as they embark on a cross-burning rampage, before she fully understands the importance her family attributes to having land of their own. From the AuthorMy book is very interesting.I hope that people enjoy it.I hope that young readers enjoy my book. I feel that all of my books are very interesting to all chidren. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Type: Fiction

Genre: Modern Fiction

Title: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

Author: Mildred D. Taylor

ISBN: 014034893X; 0140384510; 0141301643; 014131186X; 0553118005; 0553244027; 0575023848; 0590982079; 0803726473; 0803774737; 1557361401; 1561370851

Listed on Ciao since: 11/06/2001