Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm

Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm

Created by Smiths to protect and moisturize your lips from the drying effects of weather. Such a scrummy Strawberry flavour and what a heavenly smell!

Review of "Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm"

published 29/03/2015 | lucie2511
Member since : 22/06/2013
Pro Delicious taste, helps keep your lips soft and smooth
Cons None
Absorbency
Price
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Sweet as strawberries"

I bought this lovely Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm when I was on a day trip with my friends and we stopped off at a craft centre on the way back which had a stand with lip glosses and balms and such like. The vintage look of this tin took my eye straight away and I always like to keep one in my handbag, and as I hadn't got one with me at that time I thought I would give myself a treat. It was £4.00 which is definitely more than I would usually pay but I have used Rosebud products previously and know they are lovely, and I really just wanted to treat myself at the end of a smashing day out.

The ingredients are natural white beeswax, petrolatum, vilvanolin and a trade secret blend of strawberry flavours and it is 22g in size. You just twist the lid to open the tin and the balm itself is a lovely pretty pink colour and it feels soft and smooth to the touch. As soon as you open the tin you can smell a delicious strawberry smell and it tastes just as good when you apply it to your lips.

To use I will scrape a finger across the balm and then gently apply it to my lips, and straight away my lips feel moisturised and softer. I regularly use lip balm even when my lips are in good condition but if this is the case they just feel even softer,and if my lips are feeling a bit dry or chapped this balm seems to soothe them and leaves a light coating which helps to protect them. You can see a very slight sheen to your lips but it isn't that noticeable so if you don't want to look as if you are wearing lipstick then this one is ideal for you.

This balm is widely available from chemists and online and the prices range from £2.95 to £7.25 and it also comes in other flavours such as minted rose, brambleberry rose and menthol and eucalyptus and these also come in fabulous vintage looking tins which would look great on any dressing table or bathroom shelf.

You can get much cheaper lip balms but you can really tell that this one is a high quality product from the tin to the balm itself and I would definitely buy it again. If you have several lip balms on the go as I do then I would expect this tin to last for up to twelve months even using it regularly as you really only need one application for each use which is plenty to make your lips feel pampered and cared for.

• xd-o-n-z-x published 03/04/2015